Which model do I need to give a shot

Ludvig

Who should I give a place in the spotlight during january-february?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Dirial said:

I like Samael with Sonnia a lot. Yes, he doesn't have a push - but he usually kills everything engaging her. I activate Sonnia early, and Sam late in the turn. He can hold far back (his first turn will feel kinda useless, though). I don't really play Franc with Sonnia any more.

To be honest, Franc drops out of my lists a lot lately. He usually accompanies Dita, but Justice, Sonnia, McCabe? They leave him at home.

Nice to hear. I need to let go of the railing then.

Do you bother trying to get burning on whoever is engaging Sonnia before you charge?

Do you ever get to shoot with him? I have been toying with the idea of Sonnia blasting mostly for burning and using Sam to mop up through the flame wall.

1 minute ago, Myyrä said:

If you really want to play Sam, I would seriously consider bringing the emissary along. He can help Sam get where he needs to be and also give that Burning +1 to boost his damage.

I really hate proxying but I will keep it under consideration. I will have to give him an honest chance to work even if I think a 9ss henchman shouldn't need a 10ss babysitter. ;) 

I had started to consider Abuela with Hermanos as a more fun (but most likely subpar) option to Francisco. Old grannie telling Sonnia to get lost and unloading a focused double-barrel slug to the enemy's face would just be hilarious. She would however fill the exact role Samael is supposed to have so she will have to wait her turn.

Just now, Ludvig said:

I really hate proxying but I will keep it under consideration. I will have to give him an honest chance to work even if I think a 9ss henchman shouldn't need a 10ss babysitter. ;) 

I had started to consider Abuela with Hermanos as a more fun (but most likely subpar) option to Francisco. Old grannie telling Sonnia to get lost and unloading a focused double-barrel slug to the enemy's face would just be hilarious. She would however fill the exact role Samael is supposed to have so she will have to wait her turn.

I wouldn't count using old avatars as proxying. I would count that as awesome instead.

12 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I wouldn't count using old avatars as proxying. I would count that as awesome instead.

I never got around to buying the old avatars before wave 2 hit. Sonnia did have one of the better ones. I'm just afraid they will stop being legal proxies if they get all the emmissaries released this year.

If I did buy Sonnias avatar I would never get around to buying the emmissary. Wouldn't it be too weird to have the flaming inferno next to McMourning?

Just now, Ludvig said:

I never got around to buying the old avatars before wave 2 hit. Sonnia did have one of the better ones. I'm just afraid they will stop being legal proxies if they get all the emmissaries released this year.

I seriously doubt that is going to happen (the proxy status disappearing, not emissary releases). The reason the old avatars were made legal proxies for emissaries hasn't disappeared anywhere and it won't.

• Like 2

Just now, Myyrä said:

I seriously doubt that is going to happen (the proxy status disappearing, not emissary releases). The reason the old avatars were made legal proxies for emissaries hasn't disappeared anywhere and it won't.

True that. It is a rather nice sculpt from what I've seen.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Nice to hear. I need to let go of the railing then.

Do you bother trying to get burning on whoever is engaging Sonnia before you charge?

Do you ever get to shoot with him? I have been toying with the idea of Sonnia blasting mostly for burning and using Sam to mop up through the flame wall.

Occasionally for the first question. Sometimes I swat someone with a Stalker... but it's more of an opportunity thing.

Yes to the second question. He shoots a lot. Rapid Fire, Weak 3, is awesome, awesome, awesome. Of course it depends on whether he needs to get Sonnia out of a pickle.

3 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I may have bought about ten of them as well earlier.

Most seem like great sculpts. The Lilith and Zoraida ones seem a tad too similar and Lady Justice's isn't super exciting in my opinion since it's not imposing enough but Sonnia, Nicodem and Leveticus look sweet.

Got Sonnia's and Zoraida's since those are the factions I actually play and they both look good. Zoraida's is also pretty close to the new emmissary since it's a forest base with lots of small guys on it. 

I sometimes wonder how McCabe's avatar would have looked if it ever got made. In my head he would definetly have been a centaur :D 

4 minutes ago, Dirial said:

Occasionally for the first question. Sometimes I swat someone with a Stalker... but it's more of an opportunity thing.

Yes to the second question. He shoots a lot. Rapid Fire, Weak 3, is awesome, awesome, awesome. Of course it depends on whether he needs to get Sonnia out of a pickle.

Sonnia with a child following her around might be able to keep themselves walled off reasonably well.

Too bad, Marcus seems like one of the most fun arcanists. Who has a nice avatar in the Arcanists?

Would either of you consider cramming the Handler into a list that already has Sonnia, a Child, Samael and the Emmissary? It's a lot of ss (30 before upgrades) but maybe rounding it out with three hounds and a watcher/stalker plus some upgrades for Sonnia could keep it decent with a combination of marker and killing schemes? I guess three witchlings would also be doable and should let you do the classic protect territory and bodyguard combo.

What are you trying to get from the handler? 

Its burning apply abilities probably mean you want a cheaper shooter in the list to get the burning out (after all if Sonnia, Sam or the Emissary can see it to give it burning, they probably don't need to apply burning)

You probably want at least 2 stalkers to have the best chance of making the most of its stalker buffing powers. 

So I can't see why you want to be adding it at the moment. 

45 minutes ago, Adran said:

What are you trying to get from the handler? 

Its burning apply abilities probably mean you want a cheaper shooter in the list to get the burning out (after all if Sonnia, Sam or the Emissary can see it to give it burning, they probably don't need to apply burning)

You probably want at least 2 stalkers to have the best chance of making the most of its stalker buffing powers. 

So I can't see why you want to be adding it at the moment. 

I love the model and painted it recently? You are probably right. Then again she can use the ability on herself and the emmissary to put out burning on multiple targets so both Samael and Sonnia can go to town. I also realised I can cram in three stalkers in the list with a handler :D  Or two stalkers and a watcher. Between Donnia and the Handler it isn't impossible to summon a stalker or three turn 2.

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Too bad, Marcus seems like one of the most fun arcanists. Who has a nice avatar in the Arcanists?

No one, if you ask me. Colette's is fine, but makes for a terrible emissary proxy.

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Would either of you consider cramming the Handler into a list that already has Sonnia, a Child, Samael and the Emmissary? It's a lot of ss (30 before upgrades) but maybe rounding it out with three hounds and a watcher/stalker plus some upgrades for Sonnia could keep it decent with a combination of marker and killing schemes? I guess three witchlings would also be doable and should let you do the classic protect territory and bodyguard combo.

I would rather take Death Marshal and Papa Loco. Gives Emissary a nice cover ignoring ranged attack with blasts.

1 hour ago, Myyrä said:

No one, if you ask me. Colette's is fine, but makes for a terrible emissary proxy.

I would rather take Death Marshal and Papa Loco. Gives Emissary a nice cover ignoring ranged attack with blasts.

True that. Sonnia is probably the master who likes him best. 

We'll see if people keep favouring Aionius or if the hype dies, I've been seeing a lot of him lately. Papa doesn't seem as much of an auto-include without his favourite box to hide in.

8 hours ago, Dejavu said:

Maybe he just gets into a fridge and then can tank any sort of large explosion 

I don't acknowledge that reference.

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Best. Idea. Ever! :D 

Someone needs to make this model!

No. That wouldn't make sense. As there is no movie this could be a reference to, it would just be random.

11 minutes ago, Dirial said:

I don't acknowledge that reference.

No. That wouldn't make sense. As there is no movie this could be a reference to, it would just be random.

Haha, did you just try pinebox the reference that cannot be named? ;)

I would gladly accept a better avatar idea. So far both the fridge and the centaur seems to have not passed the test. (I admit that the test procedure seems to not be properly outlined and standardized but that shouldn't dissuade anyone from trying)