Tournament Guide - Seamus

oryxwild

Hey all! Since I'm a newer player and I'm still exploring all of the Seamus playstyles and options, I'm curious for any feedback. I just wrote this to speed up crew selection and get a clearer picture of how I'm going to earn my victory points. Cheers!

Resurrectionists

50ss Crew

Schemes: LITS, breakthrough, protect territory, power ritual, plant explosives, plant evidence, distract, cursed object, bodyguard, entourage, (Make them suffer), spring the trap, (frame for murder), Deliver a Message, Frame for Murder,

Strats: Reconnoiter, Squatter’s Rights, Stake a Claim

Synergies and signature moves:

Against shooty crews: use a crooligan to create soft cover early in the turn at the center line. Move up dead doxies to be hacked up, as usual. Hack them up, Bete pops out and her tenebrous aura means guns will suffer [-][-] to attack, making it very hard to be effective.

Push a doxy to the center line and drop a scheme marker. Teleport to her and attack her, killing her and dropping scheme markers. Seamus gets fast. [Bete Noir pops up] Raise her, getting another ap and another take the lead.

Move and then interact with a crooligan to teleport them into the middle of the enemy (spring the trap, plant explosives, etc etc) or the enemy half of the board (plant evidence, breakthrough). Teleport Seamus using sybelle, charge the crooligan, drop scheme markers. Raise the crooligan as something equally a belle or doxy and make enemies fail wp tests to heal seamus, or attack it for more markers, etc etc.

Use one dead doxy to drop scheme markers, take the lead to move up, and drop more scheme markers. Charge her with Seamus, killing her and dropping scheme markers (protect territory, power ritual). Discard a card with Phillip to summon a seishin. Use the other dead doxy to push phillip, walk, and drop a scheme marker. Use phillip to draw 4 discard 2 on turn 1, and at least draw 2 discard 1 on turn 2.

Begin the game and kill one of your own models as usual. Raise a rotten belle and lure their sniper off of the elevated terrain. (this will catch some people off guard, since they saw that you didn’t take any rotten belles).

Seamus -- 4ss

+Bag O' Tools - 1ss

+Red Chapel Killer - 1ss

+Mad Haberdasher - 2ss

Copycat Killer - 3ss

Crooligan - 4ss

Crooligan - 4ss

Crooligan - 4ss

Dead Doxy - 6ss

Dead Doxy - 6ss

Madame Sybelle - 8ss

+Bleeding Tongue - 1ss

Philip And The Nanny - 8ss

+Spirit Beacon - 1ss

Alternates:

Phillip -----> Bete Noir 8ss

2x Crooligan ------> Bete Noir 8ss

Dead doxy -----> rotten belle, bleeding tongue -----> Not Too Banged Up or both, else +1 cache

Resurrectionists

50ss Crew

Schemes: Make them Suffer, Assassinate, Bodyguard, Vendetta, Take Prisoner, Deliver a Message, Murder Protege

Strategies: All Core Strats

Synergies and Signature Moves:

Luring things with Belles, giving them adversary with Datsue Ba, and mauling them with Shikome

Dumping Seamus into the middle of their crew and healing up any damage he takes while the rest of your crew murders things

Summoning a few Seishin with Datsue Ba and using them to block LoS to Seamus (mobile cover)

Seamus -- 5ss

+Sinister Reputation - 1ss

+Red Chapel Killer - 1ss

+Mad Haberdasher - 2ss

Copycat Killer - 3ss

Datsue Ba - 8ss

+Spirit Whispers - 1ss

Madame Sybelle - 8ss

+Not Too Banged Up - 1ss

Rotten Belle - 5ss

Rotten Belle - 5ss

Shikome - 8ss

Nurse - 5ss

Alternatives:

Datsue Ba ----> Bete Noir w/ Unnerving Aura or Necrotic Preparation

Datsue Ba ----> Phillip and the Nanny w/ Unnerving Aura or Necrotic Preparation or Spirit Beacon

Datsue Ba ----> Shikome and +1 Cache

Rotten Belle + Nurse -----> Shikome and +2 Cache

On a quick glance you seem to be spending most of your time killing your own models. If you have found this works for you then fine, but I don't see much advantage to it early on in the game, as they would have dropped more scheme markers if left alive. 

Personally I don't think Cruligans are that good for plant explosives or spring the trap. 

They also can't interact on the first turn. EVER. If you want scheme markers down for Philip you are better hiring Dogs or necropunks. 

And Sybelle can't teleport Seamus unless you are using her to attack Seamus with the comply trigger. 

• Like 1

I don't think that the point is doing all those tricks but rather that they are handy to have in the back pocket if need arises. I believe that the idea is to play just normal most of the time but the tricks listed are some of the less obvious ones.

Note though, that gaining Fast during your Activation doesn't do anything (see page 52).

• Like 1