Terrain Markers and Scrap/Corpse Markers

Bengt

Terrain Markers (e.g. Ice Pillar (p 164)) typically has rules preventing them from being placed on or near other Markers. The rules for Corpse and Scrap says that they do not need to be placed if the players agree to it (p 49).

In your meta or tournament experience are Corpse/Scrap placed if one of the players have a model that can place terrain Markers and neither player have talents that make use of Corpse or Scrap?

We usually don't place them unless a model needs them even if it would be advantageous for one player. Then again, no one has lost 10 times in a row to a marker-placing master. If it got really bad I wouldn't hold it againsty opponent if they chose to place the markers. The default is that you place them unless both players agree not to.

Given that you can't place terrain markers in contact with other markers, you probably should place corpse and scrap markers in that case, but I don't know if I've ever remembered to, since it's a more obscure use than, say, Nicodem. I even often forget to drop markers when I'm playing McTavish to be honest.