Meta. What masters get regularly used in your group?

bertmac

So my group is starting to get into tournaments a bit this year but we don't get many of our locals playing the real filth masters levi/collette/dreamer. I was just wondering what mix of masters most people tend to see. 

Do you think it is a big disadvantage to not play these masters regularly? 

My playgroup has a good representation of all factions except Ressurs. 

In Guild, I play against Sonnia and Perdita almost exclusively (though McCabe sees some play, and Hoffman was played in our recent grow league).

In Arcanists, we got Ironsides, Rasputina, and Kaeris a bunch.  Ramos often comes out for Turf War, Extraction, Reconnoiter, and Interference.   And Collette and Mei are not infrequently on the tables.  We've got a fair amount of Arcanists here.

In Ten Thunders, I play Lynch and McCabe, and our other Thunders players field all the other masters depending on Strats and schemes.  Shen Long may be the most popular now.

In Outcasts, we see Viks primarily here, but Leveticus does see a fair amount of tournament play so it's good to try to get some games in against him beforehand cause he can be hard to deal with for the unprepared. 

In Neverborn, we have Pandora and Dreamer.  At tournaments, I've only ever seen Lilith or the Dreamer across the table from me, though.

We're kinda going through a change, where a bunch of people are switching to new masters. Jack Daw/Von Shill/Hamelin player has moved to Shen Long. Colette/Raspy/Ramos is doing Jakob Lynch and a bit of Dreamer, another Outcast/little bit of everything player has focused on Ophelia/Wong, Sonnia/perdita will be moving to McCabe, and me playing mostly Molly/Yan Lo with some Tara will be starting Mei Feng and Kaeris. We also have a Marcus player and Lucius/Hoffman player that sounds like they'll be sticking with those, and a few others that don't play as often or are just starting. I guess new years lead to new masters.

In our club we've got the following crews:

2 sonnia, 1 perdita, 1 mcabe, 1 lucius, 1 hoffman, 1 tara, 1 molly, 1 nicodem, 1 mcmourning, 1 seamus, 2 marcus, 1 ramos, 1 rasputina, 2 mei feng, 1 ironsides, 1 kaeris, 2 Colette, 2 pandora, 1 lilith, 1 dreamer, 1 zoraida, 1 lynch, 1 shenlong, 3 misaki, 1 yan lo, 2 viks, 1 hamelin, 1 von schill, 3 leveticus, 1 jack daw, 1 som'er, 1 orphelia, 1 brewmaster.

admittedly lots of players have multiple masters and some masters are hardly ever played, but as a group we seem to like to have what nobody else has :D

Player 1: Primary NB with Lilith, Pandora, Dreamer   Secondary: Mah, Somer, Ophelia, Levi

Player 2: Primary Resser with Kirai, McMourning, Tara  Secondary: All Guild

Player 3: Primary Arcanist with Ironsides, Tina, Ramos Secondary: Nico, McMourning, Sonnia, Perdita, Hoffman

Player 4: Primary Gremlins with Ophelia, Ulix, Wong   Secondary: Brewie, Dreamer, Collodi, Lucius

Player 5: Primary 10T with Lynch, Yan-Lo Secondary: Seamus, Molly

Player 6: Primary Arcanist with Collette, Ramos

Player 7: Primary Arcanist with Tina, Marcus

Player 8: Primary Outcasts with Viks, Von Schill

If one of us is leaving the Meta for a tournament, the others will start fielding any potential unknowns by proxy to help mitigate any surprises.