UK Nationals 2015 Feedback

OldManMyke

Thanks to the Mike, Lee, and Chris for the smooth running and organisation of the biggest Malifaux tournament ever (and my first attempt at a 2 day tournament) I really enjoyed myself! 

I think the cons mentioned are valid (score sheet, non-Malifaux comments on the mike), I do think its very difficult to cater for different tastes/diets so while it 'could' be improved, I wouldn't know how you would please all 88+ and within the budget you have.

2 more (small) cons:

Re-match organisation - Where the system spat out rematches before round 7 often only one person was called to the TO table to explain the situation. My opponent was called and came back to say he would be facing Maria, but didn't know/remember what that meant for me! So we both had to go back to Mike to get the situation explained again. I think for future events it would be quicker to call all players involved (or even just call the table number to save time) and explain it all once so that we can get back to the tables and prep.

Painting comp - I feel the Judges choice should have excluded the runner's-up of the Player choice (I would say winner of the Player's choice too but Elinore's crew was amazing and deserved to win) I think there were some really great crews on display that could have had some recognition of their talent alongside those who caught the players eye. 

Pros - Everything, it was an amazing, super-friendly experience!

• Like 1

Had a great weekend thanks to all the organisers for sorting and my 6 opponents.

In the quiet room (dungeon) we didn't hear any of the microphone chatter that people are talking about.

Can't comment on the atmosphere in the main hall but down there it was friendly and chatty.

Format was excellent and with a bit of thought the score sheets worked.

My fear was the 10min setup time but as I took the crossroads 7 didn't effect me (I probably would have started to panicked and run over if I hadn't)

Only heard of one incident of poor gamer experience over the weekend but it isn't my place to comment.Hopefully the person it did effect will comment.

Looking forward to next year's wherever it is to be held.

Ade

I enjoyed the weekend. And if it was exactly the same next year, I wouldn't be upset. 

I think that most of the tables were fun and interesting to play on, (There were some unexpected mid game challenges on a few of them that I quite enjoyed, and the only table I played on twice, we ruled the terrain acting differently both times. I really want to thank who ever made the Ice Board that was Table 18. I had 2 cracking games on it). Snipers nests and vantage point can be an issue, and something that might need to be looked at. I don't think it was too bad here, but one or 2 tables I played on could have been abused if some one tried.).  I am more fired up to build a cohesive table to bring to this sort of thing. 

I think by the sunday me and my opponents had got down to talking terrain whilst we waited for the game sheet. This probably helped get it sorted in our minds. 

Whilst at the time I felt pressured buy the 10 minute set up, I think it was a good idea and quite enjoyable. 

Score sheet needs changing, but you already know. 

I had 1 opponent not hugely happy with having declared single master, his opponents being able to build a crew to beat that master when they know, but thats the down side to going single master. (McMorning suffers when he is always against Johan I expect). I quite liked the faction/master/crossroad 7 options.And I don't think that it made a huge difference to the games. 

I like looking at numbers, and would quite like the results sheet to have TP and Diff, just so I can see how many people were on the same level as I was. 

Whilst 7 gamess was a lot of work, I think it went really well. 

I would have liked a fancy dress face off, but I'd got a display peace in my mind, and then due to the heat, stopped wearing the costume. Well done to those who managed it all day, or even both days!

Friday evening and saturday evening were ok, but it did seem to have much smaller groups than I'd expected. 

Finally, I lost a Protect territory stratagy and Scheme card on sunday afternoon (Table 18/19 area at lunch). If any one does find they have an extra one, then I'd appreciate it back.Its a bit harder to hide schemes without them. 

Thanks to Everyone involved, and I look forward to next year. 

the weekend was awesome, though i may be a bit biased on that point. thanks to all the guys running the event.

i had 6 great opponents, and am fully understanding of the headache caused by rematches, although it did mean that the final game was became a little more laid back, having already played each other, the conversation just continued and it felt a lot more like a club night throw down.

spending most of the time on the stage meant that the mike with a mike was a godsend allowing for better control of the games.

i liked the crew construction formats, it gave more people more options for trophies. i also loved the delayed announcement of strats etc as i feel that the construction of your list is also part of the game. that being said i don't think i changed my crew all weekend, which made the first 10 mins a good social time.

all in all a good weekend and i will be back next year, hopefully.