Hog whisperer question

Nosilloc

Just got my hog whisperer because pull my finger assured me I would need it for running pigs. A little disappointed. I thought it had a summon on it and it appears to just stop set er off. Anyway my question, this is two figures on a 30mm base. Did I get shorted a base and card for you piglet or am I supposed to try to shove both on a tiny base?

Was it a metal model or plastic? If metal then you were not shorted, they came like that. They will both fit on a 30mm base if you want them to (I have one of my Hog Whisperer's standing with his trusty pig dog).

Additionally, the Hog Whisperer does much more than just shut off Setter Off. They allow access to Reactiviate on any Pig (yes even the bigguns), introduce some pig positioning via Sooey! (key component of the "Pig Boomerang") which also compliments the building of Pig Ladders and the Truffle Shuffle, offers some return on investment for killed Pigs (this can be exploited if used in combination with Sooey!), and are a fairly decent 5 SS model in their own right.

I will grant you they were a bit better last edition thanks to the support of Skeeter F.A.C.s and Flight granting ability but they are still plenty good now. Also not sure why you would think they could summon, they could never do that.

It's a plastic one. I could have swore I read it summoned and that's why it came with a piglet but I've been doing a lt of reading as a fall asleep so... It might have been my disappointment at the lack of summoning and a piglet card and base that made me overlook his other abilities. 

So, before I contact customer service, could I get some conformation on wether I was shorted or not?

It depends!

if they start their activation near a model with Pork Whisper'n (that Ulix and Hog Whisperers have, and Som'er can get with an upgrade), then no, because they get to ignore Set'er Off for their whole activation (i.e. all 2 AP), even if they moved out of range after their first action. If on the other hand they start their activation outside a Pork Whisper'n bubble, then they must be within 2" of a friendly gremlin or be engaged each time they declare an action, otherwise the action they declare must be a charge, but as Vidd said, in this case they just have to declare a charge, so you can still pick any legal target you'd like.

The other way to get around it is to position a piglet so that there are no legal charge targets (e.g. if you use the first walk to go around a corner so that the piglet no longer has LoS to any other model).

The piglet's mostly a bonus and it's arguably the best sculpt too. I like how it looks like an immature warpig, complete with tuft of fur running down its back.

and a Gremlin's arm sticking out of his mouth.

Get yourself a plastic base, mine brought 2 as well. Sorry to hear you got shorted, but it's just a base, so no love lost, right?

The piglet's mostly a bonus and it's arguably the best sculpt too. I like how it looks like an immature warpig, complete with tuft of fur running down its back.

and a Gremlin's arm sticking out of his mouth.

Get yourself a plastic base, mine brought 2 as well. Sorry to hear you got shorted, but it's just a base, so no love lost, right?

If I was just missing the base maybe. But like I said the card isn't there either and seeing I'm new to the game that just won't do.

Afternoon all,

I only just got back into malifaux in 5 years and just started collection fresh. Straight back to Gremlins for me and the new Plastics are awesome but dam small.

I got a Hog Whisperer from The Combat Company only 2 weeks ago and mine came with only one base and one card for the whisperer. I also did not get any cards in my M2E box of The Bayou boss. I contacted Wyrd and next day they have send out to me. it will be 2 weeks living in Australia to arrive, but that is awesome service. Was easy to sort out. I am super happy to know they are coming.

On the free pig/boar. After looking at models I got and what I do not have I was looking over my M2E full rule book it only lists pigs. The model with the hog whisperer is not actually a pig. It is a wild boar if you look at the picture on the stat cards, which could be used as a pig (I guess) but if you look up the gremlins section in the Crossroads book the model is wild board and is 6ss. I do not have the book here at work. I will check again tonight.  

One more question, I see everything from M2E main book seems to be released now in Plastic. Some of the Crossroads seems to be out or is it coming soon.

There is not much in the Crossroads book for gremlins seems released? How long has crossroads been out?

Looking for pigs with dynamite.

I believe the difference in what people get is based on when the box was produced. I bought my whisperer like a year ago and it came without card or base for the piglette. Asked Aaron about this and he said something along the lines of "nope, that box doesn't come with a base or card for the piglet." They must have changed the package contents at some point...

On the free pig/boar. After looking at models I got and what I do not have I was looking over my M2E full rule book it only lists pigs. The model with the hog whisperer is not actually a pig. It is a wild boar if you look at the picture on the stat cards

It is actually a piglet. There is a card with its picture and everything. I believe the wave 1 arsenal deck has three of this card. That's not to say I haven't used it as a wild boar considering it looks so different from the normal piglets.

One more question, I see everything from M2E main book seems to be released now in Plastic. Some of the Crossroads seems to be out or is it coming soon.

There is not much in the Crossroads book for gremlins seems released? How long has crossroads been out?

Looking for pigs with dynamite.

I think everything from the first book is out (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong). Much of the stuff from crossroads is out/coming soon which is expected since it has been out for over a year now (came out gencon 2014) If you go to the upcoming releases page, the remainder of the gremlin crew boxes are coming out in the upcoming months along with some of the small boxes.

I'm still waiting on McTavish though...

I checked my book again. and I was wrong. I mistook it for Wild boars.

Are the older models still available, like the Pigs with TNT and the rooster rider? I see a lot of people make there own. I like the new plastics they are amazing. must still be a bit off or is there a larger release schedule? 

I checked my book again. and I was wrong. I mistook it for Wild boars.

Are the older models still available, like the Pigs with TNT and the rooster rider? I see a lot of people make there own. I like the new plastics they are amazing. must still be a bit off or is there a larger release schedule? 

Some of the older models are around in metal on the third-party market. Pigs with TNT shouldn't be too hard to find but the rooster rider is a different story. It was never released in metal as a stand alone model but only as an alt-sculpt for war pigs under the name War Rooster. It isn't impossible to find but it certainly isn't easy.

The schedule above is the extent we know of the schedule so far. But I would expect to see a fair number of gremlins continuing into the new year.