Generalist Upgrade Deck?

terminalc

It gives you all the general upgrades. If you don't have the arsenal decks for Guild, it is valuable to have. Whether or not it is "worth it" is more subjective -- if you're only Guild and intend to stay that way, I'd see if you have a friend that wouldn't want Guild or maybe someone who bought the Guild arsenal decks but will part with the general upgrades.

Are the upgrades in the arsenal decks the same ones that are in the generalist one?

They include the generalist upgrades.

Guild also doesn't happen to have the best general upgrades, so it's quite possible to live without them if you are just starting out.

Ok great! I'm getting both guild arsenal decks in a trade, so I just saved myself some money (to put towards Hoffman!)

thanks!

I'd be careful if I were you. Hoffman is a slippery slope towards Arcanists. (Although, I suppose about half of the masters in this game are slippery slopes towards other factions.)

• Like 1

Well, i bought the general upgrade set because I wanted the TT stuff, and it was about the same cost as getting two arsenal decks for the upgrades.  Its also handy if you plan on getting into other factions as arsenal decks are apparently going the way of the dodo bird.  And you can sell off other factions if you don't branch out, but I doubt that won't happen

If you ever plan on expanding to other factions, it's a good deal.  If you only plan to play Guild and ONLY Guild, there's no need for it.  When I bought the Generalist Deck, I was missing both the Neverborn and Gremlin decks, and Wave 1 of Guild.  I don't play either of the first two (yet), but I'm glad I picked it up because Wave 1 Guild was on back order for so long.  For me, I thought it was well worth it.

Now all I have to worry about is getting the M2E edition to all the models and I'm set.

• 3 weeks later...

Also, the Emissary models will include their relevant Upgrades when they come out. :)

I assume the Emissaries will have the cards for all the masters in their faction, such that dual faction Masters will have their Upgrade packed in with both of the Emissaries of their faction (so if I buy the Rezzer and TT Emissaries, I'll have two Yan Lo upgrades)?

...And now I'm wondering, does that lead to any complicated logistical weirdness in making sure you get the right number of dual faction Masters' upgrades printed and sorted correctly?

Also, the Emissary models will include their relevant Upgrades when they come out. :)

I assume the Emissaries will have the cards for all the masters in their faction, such that dual faction Masters will have their Upgrade packed in with both of the Emissaries of their faction (so if I buy the Rezzer and TT Emissaries, I'll have two Yan Lo upgrades)?

...And now I'm wondering, does that lead to any complicated logistical weirdness in making sure you get the right number of dual faction Masters' upgrades printed and sorted correctly?

Not really. Every Faction has access to seven Masters. Make sure each Emissary has the seven Upgrades it can take in its given Faction... and pretty much done. (Though really 8 Upgrades as we have 1 Generic Upgrade per Faction for each Emissary)

Edited by Justin