Balanced box to play vs. Ressers'

Demenzia

Nicodem is a higher pointed starter box that the other two, but if you don't hire it all, it leaves some models for summons. 

Of the Seamus and the McMorning set I would probably say the Seamus set is a little more playable as a beginner with just 1 set, but if you went with the McMornign set, and hired one of the punk zombies you've got from Nicodem's set, it would play fine. 

Ophelia's box is good and versatile and gives you a max force of 45SS. It's also very easy to tune to various points values below that 45SS and should work as well as any other box for any Strategy+Schemes combination. Also, if you want to expand to 50SS just add a box of Slop Haulers and you're good to go.

Edited by Math Mathonwy

Ophelia's box is good and versatile and gives you a max force of 45SS. It's also very easy to tune to various points values below that 45SS and should work as well as any other box for any Strategy+Schemes combination. Also, if you want to expand to 50SS just add a box of Slop Haulers and you're good to go.

You would recommend a gremlin box..

As an alternative, have you simply considered asking her for a list of top 3-5 masters or maybe factions she would like to get into?  Typically I think most players would enjoy rather playing something they are interested in than a good match up if the crew they are playing is unappealing.  But that might just be how I look at things :wacko:

Of course! The best Faction! And really, when playing with girlfriends or wives or similar creatures, it's always a good idea to give them a bit of a mechanical oomph. 

As an alternative, have you simply considered asking her for a list of top 3-5 masters or maybe factions she would like to get into?  Typically I think most players would enjoy rather playing something they are interested in than a good match up if the crew they are playing is unappealing.  But that might just be how I look at things :wacko:

Aye, certainly sensible.

Edited by Math Mathonwy
girlfriend OR wives, not girlfriends of wives - though I suppose the advice would still hold, but it would be something of a niche thing...
  • Like 2

This.

Maybe Mei Feng is a good idea.