Getting back into Gremlins - suggested purchases?

scottb

Hey all, getting back into Malifaux in a few weeks. Books, cards, etc ordered but wondering if (due to all the changes) there's any models I should consider getting early on. Here's what I currently have:

Somer, 4 Mosi's

Ophelia, Rami, Raph, Francois, Pere, 3 Young Uns

Hog Whisperer, 2 Slop Haulers, Taxidermist, McTavish, Pigapult

Warpig, Gracie, 3 Stuffed Pigs, 5 Pigs

8 Bayou's

In time I think I will probably get the Zoraida box.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Merris brings high mobility Scheme control, and protection from blasts. Burt brings crowd control, damage and tankiness. Trixie... what doesn't Trixie add? She makes Gremlins better, moves models around, does Schemes, does damage, is tanky, controls Initiative (very rare trait), and is one of the most funny jokes in the game.

In my eyes, every Gremlin crew should start with a Slop Hauler and Trixie, and then decide on the Master.

• Like 1

Merris brings high mobility Scheme control, and protection from blasts. Burt brings crowd control, damage and tankiness. Trixie... what doesn't Trixie add? She makes Gremlins better, moves models around, does Schemes, does damage, is tanky, controls Initiative (very rare trait), and is one of the most funny jokes in the game.

In my eyes, every Gremlin crew should start with a Slop Hauler and Trixie, and then decide on the Master.

As said by Math Mathonwy

I believe this is how you construct a Gremlin crew in eight simple steps.

1) Take Trixiebelle.

2) Take a Slop Hauler.

3) Check the Strategy, Schemes and so on and decide on a Master.

4) Check if you chose Ulix. If not, go to 5), if you did take Ulix, go to 7).

5) Take a Rooster Rider.

6) Strongly consider taking another Rooster Rider. Take into account whether Make Them Suffer is present in the Scheme pool and also briefly consider whether or not the Strategy is Reckoning.

7) Fill your crew.

8) Win the game!

• Like 3

What number of soul stones do people play at for a game at their gaming club? Reading the rulebook last night it seems to suggest 41+ would be of the order for an evening's game. In previous editions we generally didn't play more than one game per evening. Looking at Pull My Finger, it suggest 50SS is about the new norm. Is that right?