Have 'Dita and Justice, where to go from here?

Lemonjello

The only real question is figuring out how late to hold his 8 AP turn of doom...

Well, 7AP... Dismounted McCabe is Summoned and so will suffer from Slow unless you remove the Condition.

It's only 1 AP, but a Monk of Low River could easily solve that too.  Just won't be able to Interact.

Post Note: And then I realized we're talking about McCabe as a Guild Master... *lol*

Edited by Rurouni Benshin

• 2 weeks later...

I think he has become my new "when playing against new players" master. I think he is far too restricted and feels like a henchman level. The master level is kinda lost on him. Apart from Secret Assets. Plant explosives in the pool? Done 1st Turn, 3vp.

I think more and more Guild Stuff is "Lucius-focused". Orderlies are really good minions. The Emissary with Conflux can give you a lot of free SS with his 0 action (minions activating near him heal 3 HP) and Lucius with Backstab becomes a decent Melee beater with max 4/5/6 dmg and very possible 3/4/5

• Like 2

I think he has become my new "when playing against new players" master. I think he is far too restricted and feels like a henchman level. The master level is kinda lost on him. Apart from Secret Assets. Plant explosives in the pool? Done 1st Turn, 3vp.

I think more and more Guild Stuff is "Lucius-focused". Orderlies are really good minions. The Emissary with Conflux can give you a lot of free SS with his 0 action (minions activating near him heal 3 HP) and Lucius with Backstab becomes a decent Melee beater with max 4/5/6 dmg and very possible 3/4/5

Yup, things are looking better and better for him. It still means he is sort of restricted since you need to start every list with the same 10ss model and keep a "battery" or two around as well as need to cheat a highish ram for the heal every turn and keep a strict activation order. It's sort of ironic that he will need to do a bubble play since his "thing" is that he can command stuff from further away than the other masters in his book. With book 3 stuff out and hopefully some Wardens reappearing with an awesome sculpt I think we will be seing him functioning as intended. I am going to play him to death against anyone letting me proxy the Emmissary.

I would still have a hard time recommending him as a staple 1 of 3 masters when considering how many of "his" models aren't out yet. Also - why can't we have Freikorps Trappers without buying double copies of the entire Von Schill box :( 

I think with lucius, a lot of new stuff that is going to come out will make him more effective. I find that with all of his fun abilities he does not actually have that big power house he needs to control, well my opinion anyway. with the mounted guard coming out i think this will help him in the long run, making other models like the warden even better due to the mass charge. Over all I would not say he is like the big three. I do reserve that with Lady J, Sonia and Perdita. All those sets have good flexible models in the boxes. Hoffman is a nice model, and his box set you get is great but i find i use more stuff out of the other crews boxes, IE death marshels, good old franky, witchling stalkers. Mc cabe is a solid choice and fantastic with guild hounds, i just prefer the other three, maybe is the fluff or maybe its just the utility not too sure.