Brewmaster + Zoraida a good pair?

newsun

I find Nurses and Shinobi to be pretty good combo... but probably not for starters. So, what the two Finnish guys said. Always listen to the Finnish guys.

We're pretty smart, us Finns. Granted, I added nothing to the conversation (yet) but I'll happily take some credit.

I've gone to a couple tournaments with only So'mer and Brewie, and have found between those two masters I have enough tools to take on any strat/scheme combination. Have control, killiness, summoning (if that's your thing), and pure shenanigans. I can also see being comfortable if you only had Ophelia and Brewie. Not quite as flexible as So'mer but you won't be losing too much. This is assuming you have a wide variety of non-master options. Lenny, for one, is almost an auto-take no matter the crew.

• 3 weeks later...

I have both Neverborn and Ten Thunders models and have fallen in the same predicament as you, thinking about expanding has left me wanting to play Brewmaster (won the Nightmare edition Whiskey Golem at a tourney :P ). I was also thinking about Zoraida (as she is also NB), but the two crews might be a bit too similar - many scheme runners, little killing. Brewmaster seems to be a situational master, when you don't expect to face much shooting especially. As for Zoraida: She is more of a counter pick master for some cases. Curious fact: Other then the infamous Nurses, she can also take Samurai and Ototo (who I have :P ) and, derp: Montresor and The Guilty from Jack Daw's box (who I really like and will probably pick up soon). One thing I want is to put together and use the Pigapult, but so far have only seen good synergy with Som'er for it. I think it's also possible to throw the Voodoo Doll with it and Paralyze the hemmed model? Also, I like the Burt/Gracie pairing.
 Other then those two masters, the others don't feel like they would fit me. I don't feel like playing Ophelia or Som'er. Ulix and Mah aren't out yet and I am not sure what to think about them. Wong is killy and interesting, and his box also has Mancha Rocha. Might give up on Gremlins altogether if I am unable to decide soon.

Brewmaster seems to be a situational master, when you don't expect to face much shooting especially.

Well, he has ways around it somewhat. In a game against Lucius and his Rifle squad I used two Piglets to Truffle Fingers and Brewie forwards and then simply ran the pair into the middle of the firing squad. He can also Obey the Shooters to hop down from their sniping perches which can be very useful.

As for Zoraida: She is more of a counter pick master for some cases.

She can do anything, really. She is super versatile like Somer and can work with all sorts of crews for all sorts of Strategy/Scheme combos. In Reckoning she can give your heavy hitters more AP and mess up enemy heavies with her Doll. In Squatters she can give more AP for Interacts (and put three Waldgeists onto the middle line). In Turf War she can Obey enemies out of the area.

She is extremely squishy against Snipers, though. Maybe even more so than Brewie, in fact. So if those are your only Masters, you should learn to say "let's put some more terrain onto this table" in as many different ways as you can.