Ulix and the Huntin' Bow

t3hb0x

Question

Been playing around with Ulix a lot lately. I've had some really nice runs shootin pigs and watchin them run  Since I have been using this ability a lot lately I wanted to get some rules clarification. Shot in the Rear. "Target friendly Pig makes a charge action against any legal target, if the target of the charge action is killed, the pig must immediately make another charge action against the closest legal target, besides this model. The pig continues to make Charge Actions until it fails to kill its target, or there are no legal targets available."

Question 1. Can Ulix force a pig to charge out of an engagement? I feel like the answer is yes, since the pig is not actually declaring a charge(or is it?) is declaring part of making? I'm overthinking....

Question 2. If the Pig has charged into a model with a 1 in engage and has killed it, but is still engaged with something with say a 2 or 3 inch engage, does it keep going if there is a legal target outside that engagement?

thanks everyone!

6 answers to this question

Or, essentially, If the pig is engaged, it stops because "until ... or there are no legal targets available" is satisfied.  Because there are no legal charge targets for an engaged model without an ability or effect that allows it to charge while engaged.

And Stampede is a "once per activation" trigger.  "once per activation" is still "once per activation" if it's being caused during someone else's activation.

Edited by solkan

• Thanks Dirial, that's how we played it when it actually came up last night. I've noticed I end up Stampeding out of the 1st engagement a lot.
  • so I guess I have another question.... If you stampede(states that you charge while engaged) out of that 1st charge, and kill your new target, if you were no longer engaged at that point, do you charge again?
  •  

Don't have the book but the stampede question relies on if the pig needs to kill the target to keep charging from hunting bow. The target is still the target of the original charge. If it's sloppily worded you might be able to continue. Anyone feel like quoting Ulix's action?

(1) Shot in the Rear (Ca 6 / TN: 12R / Rg: 6): Target
friendly Pig makes a Charge Action against any legal
target. If the target of the Charge is killed, the Pig
must immediately make another Charge Action against
the closest legal target, besides this model. The Pig
continues to make Charge Actions until it fails to kill its
target, or there are no legal targets available.

• Like 1