Guildy's Malifaux Crew WIP And, y'know, stuffs

Guildenstern

BoTBBoard4.jpg

^^ This one corner of my display board, that I started making to show off my as yet to be completed models. I also have posted this previously on the wyrd place fb group so if you've seen it before that is probably why :)

BoTBBoard5.jpg

T'other side of the board - home to the all important Still! Behind some flimsy camoflage lol

BoTBStill.jpg

View of the still. I made it with a piece of cork (covered by plasticard), a button, a bit of a wooden dowel, and the metal tubing is a paper clip I messed with quite a bit. I made some 'bolts' on the still, with paint, added some weathering powder for soot - first time I used it so I wanted to experiment a bit. I did a little coal fire under the whole still, sitting on a metal frame (matchsticks). The rocks are bits of cork left over from cutting out the rounds for the bases.

BoTBOuthouse1.jpg

^^ Here's a little collage of the outhouse.

here's the pigpen: (well it might fit Gracie. I didn't realize the wild boars for instance came on the bigger bases ><)

BoTBPigPen.jpg

here's a close up of my fave part, the trough:

BotBPigTrough2.jpg

The idea is kind of a 'omg what would gremlins actually feed their pigs?!' here so I took some bits of left over sprue, some hotglue, and realistic water and came up with a trough of unmentionables.

While the inspiration for the whole board is pretty obviously the bayou, I also got a lot of inspiration from living here in Georgia. The base was coated with burnt sienna, to help try to portray the red clay soil we have here. If I'd kept the foliage the way it really ought to be, based on how it grows here in wild areas, you'd never see the board lol so I tried to add just enough to help liven it up some.

Already working on my concept for its next component, being as how I just bought a bunch more Gremlins that won't fit on this board lol but first I promised myself I'd actually build and finish some of the Bayou box I already have.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here are my bad boys, the wyld boars, complete. Not completely happy with the transition between brown fur and pink skin but it's always a learning process. Mostly the ruff on their backs came out the way I wanted - the blue, exactly so, the other two less so. Still they look very wyld which was my intention. And the bases are junkyard theme, which will be in keeping with my next board.

Wyld_BoarsDone1.jpgWyld_BoarsDone2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow um new board hard to read

Anywho, wanted to update this briefly with my WIP pics of Lenny. I was not happy with the pig so I started over. Chucked Lenny into the green cleaner and redid. I changed his pants to a more khaki colour as well. I'd like them to look more like canvas, rather than denim. My plan for the shirt is to add a UGA symbol, or the "G" for the dawgs, onto it, since it's kinda a Georgia themed Gremlin thing I got going :) I'm hankering to do a kinda of neckerchief/bandana look on the cloth on his left arm but not really sure how to go about it. Also, wondering if it's best to do details before highlights or vice versa (in this case). Oh and his hats on the table, I haven't actually glued it yet, wanted access to his face.

(not a great pic sorry, I need to get some in the lightbox again)

Lenny.jpg

Lol that's a great cartoon :D

Here's a shot of Lenny, almost done, I'm just working on highlighting the pig, finishing the log and err there was something else, anyway still need to get proper lighting but at least it's a bit less dark than above. (I tend to make miniatures very darkly painted so it doesn't help)

Lenny4.jpg

Lenny3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2016 at 10:07 AM, steel762 said:

I love the display broad but does it break down so you can fly with it or is it one piece? 

It's one piece pretty much, I just made it for my shelf cuz I don't go many places :) I carry my guys in a feldherr case now to the FLGS. I'd have kept using the display board but we had a slight accident (my son's cat!) and I'm still fixing it :(:(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So  I don't really have a WIP because I did this guy all at once - Burt Jensen. He was a TON of fun to paint. Really love his model. Was even not that bad to put together, honestly. I'm debating going back over his shirt's icon with a micro pen to help it look a bit clearer but not sure. He's still a bit shiny in this as his matte varnish is drying, I think. Plus, I had the light in an odd place trying to get the T-shirt to show up nicely.

BurtJensen1.jpg

BurtJensen2.jpg

BurtJensen3.jpg

BurtJensen4.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FrostgraveTerrain1.jpg

Got some work done on my Wyrd IP ELIM entry - that's the base part. Still working on the minis - they just got built and primed so they're at least starting to take shape. The Ruin is going to be a piece of Frostgrave Terrain/Diorama/Display for my son's Warband. He picked several Darksword Anthropomorphic critters for his band. I'm doing the leader and his apprentice (well and a warrior type) but he's going to work on the other members, with help :D

• 2 weeks later...

some of my WIP stuffs:

LatigoPosse1.jpg

Started hubby's Perdita crew last night ^^ omg such little parts, so glad my tiny tiny drills came in, already lost an arm off perdita just taking this shot!

LatigoPosse2.jpg

^^ Not really looking forward to putting Nino together lol Still, it's not one of the annoying Bayou Gremlins with separate feet and Somer with a three piece head!

*edit*

oh and you know how to tell how much you love your SO or they love you? Yeah, I got him Austringers and I'm putting them together for him. Gotta be true love. Ebil Guild! lol