How Tormented are you

docbungle

In almost every Daw Crew I take, Jaakuna Ubume is there. She is just so useful with him, and so is the Nurse, which is almost an auto-hire to me.

From time to time I hire a Hanged, but that is pretty rare as I dont like to abbuse on friendly games.

Papa Loco is there when I feel like I'm on a lucky day and he won't blow my own Crew into pieces... sadly, it always happen and uses to hurt me more than my opponents... but I keep trying him from time to time; at least it is always fun and one day he will be glorious.... i hope!

And now we got the full 7Xroads Crew to hang around with Jacky Jack, who have given him a lot new possibilities and tricks (which was not really needed, imho). Sloth, Pride, Greed, Lust are probably the most useful all around; while Gluttony will be great on scheme marker heavy games, Envy for long range firepower, and Wrath if you're looking for a not very expensive mid melee damage dealer (better put him on a flank hunting schemers).

• Like 1

Jaakuna & a Nurse are auto includes. If facing Guild or Outcasts, or doing Squatters I'll take Crooked Men (drop a scheme on a flipped squat marker and do the mine shaft ability). If Turf War or any similar area control strat I'll take Drowned.

Otherwise, Non-Tormented I typically take Sue with Jack Daw and make him Tormented turn 1.

• Like 1

Jaakuna, Nurses, are the most common out of faction Tormented I sport. Hanged if I am up against Gremlins. Drowned are in at times when I feel I need some additional resilience in melee.

One Guilty is always in. I have started to take two in my last couple of games. They are very good.

Other than that, I usually take other Outcast models and make them Tormented. Lazarus, Rusty, Taelor, Sue, are all good picks.

Why use Hanged more against Gremlins? These seem great all around.

Because they have lower Willpower than average, and the Hanged can exploit that to bits. The Hang is also nice to have in Collect the Bounty (expensive minions), and when Make them Suffer is around (hard to get rid of for being minions).

• Like 1

With any "style-heavy" master your best bet is some kind of middle ground - if you go too tormented heavy then you have a lot of synergy but very little backbone. Outcasts have access to some of the strongest models in the game - I never thought to bring A&D with Daw but that actually works quite good (feels more like a crutch than actual "good model selection" though).

Nurses are always a good choice - but lately I have found Librarians to be more solid overall and in general (at the suggestion of Valhallan42). 

There are solid builds using all/most tormented too, though - its hard to say. One thing for certain - I really don't feel the need to Torment my non-Tormented models. I have tormented Ama and played non-tormented Ama and don't really feel like it gives me much in the end. If I have extra AP/nothing to do - okay, fine - but I won't gun for it.

Much like A&D with/without Scramble - its nice to have it but if I don't, most of the time I don't really notice.

I should probably mention I have no experience fielding the Crossroads models... and although I'll paint them up for a display they ain't never getting fielded with JD - I'll have Helldorado models for proxy, instead.

Playing a crew with the spirit of vengeance and a bunch of friggin' musicians crosses my "to dumb/lame for me" line... he should be raising the sinners straight out of hell damnit! Not to mention we have an air guitaring Jack Daw groupee for a Master... fuuuuuuuuu... but I digress.

Words can't describe my complete disappointment with Jack Daw's aesthetics. >8(

Well, actually they could but then my post would get deleted... what were we talking about again? >8)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...