What do YOU want for a dual-faction master?

ekt3

Current dual-faction Masters (excluding TT)

Tara - Outcast/Reser

McMourning - Reser/Guild

Lucius - Guild/Neverborn

Zoradia - Neverborn/Gremlin

If you had to make a new dual-faction master, what factions would you want it to be from? What mechanics/models would you want it to use/synergize with? What new models would you create to do it?

I'd love to see an Arcanist/Gremlin Master and have Sparks dual-faction into it. They could create some sort of terrifying Gremlin Abomination born of "failed" experiments. Also, Gremlin/Pig centaurs! Grempigs! Steam Arachnid/Pig? SPIDERPIGS!!! Think of the (terrifying) possibilities?!

I hesitate to jump into this, as I'm not sure the game is ready for additional Masters. I hope that they wait with introducing more Masters.

So you've never thought "man, this idea I've had for a Master would be really cool"? I don't mind that you don't agree, but I created this thread so I could share ideas and hopefully foster ideas in others.

So you've never thought "man, this idea I've had for a Master would be really cool"? I don't mind that you don't agree, but I created this thread so I could share ideas and hopefully foster ideas in others.

Nah, I don't want to spoil the fun. :D I just hesitate to jump into it.

That said...

I'd like an Outcast/Arcanist mad scientist with a lightning theme. And a Guild/Gremlin. Just for the hell of it.

• Like 1

Nah, I don't want to spoil the fun. :D I just hesitate to jump into it.

That said...

I'd like an Outcast/Arcanist mad scientist with a lightning theme. And a Guild/Gremlin. Just for the hell of it.

That's the spirit!

I think it would be cool to see a Gremlin/Ressurectionist master. Like Papa Grombi.

As Always,

The Grue

Ooh, undead Gremlins. Are you thinking hordes of cheap, expendable, undead Gremlins?

These are all the possible combinations left:

• Guild/Arcanists
  • Guild/Outcasts
  • Guild/Gremlins
  • Resurrectionists/Arcanists
  • Resurrectionists/Neverborn
  • Resurrectionists/Gremlins
  • Arcanists/Neverborn -
  • Arcanists/Outcasts
  • Arcanists/Gremlins
  • Neverborn/Outcasts
  • Like 1

• Arcanists/Neverborn -

I hope that in the next book they make him a thing. I was super excited to see him but then was saddened that he was an "alt version". I'd hope that he could use Woes and sad Penguins to push people around like Colette.

• Like 2

Some of those combinations are difficult to justify though.

Like Guild/Arcasnist. It would probably have to be a double agent like Lucius or Dr. McMourning is.

I know we are discussing dual masters, but...

I would really like to see Outcast band of Gypsies - relatives of Zoraida that came through the second breach.

Models would have Puri Daj Zoraida (Grandmother Zoraida) Ability: This model may be hired by Crew lead by Zoraida regardless of faction.

• Like 1

• Resurrectionists/Arcanists

This could be Professor Von Schtook (The Valedictorian's Master), and he could make use of the Academic model type. He'd probably also like construct-y undead like the Necropunks and Flesh Constructs.

• Like 4

Like Guild/Arcasnist. It would probably have to be a duble agent like Lucius or Dr. McMourning is.

But if you recall, Hoffman in the first book was almost the first incarnation of a Dual Master. It's not too much of a stretch, though I definitely understand where you're coming from. It would be hard without relying on the "double-agent" trope.

Maybe he could be a construct designer for the guild? Surely they get them from somewhere.

This could be Professor Von Schtook (The Valedictorian's Master), and he could make use of the Academic model type. He'd probably also like construct-y undead like the Necropunks and Flesh Constructs.

Why do you think he'd be an Arcanist?

Like Guild/Arcasnist. It would probably have to be a duble agent like Lucius or Dr. McMourning is.

We missed that chance with Hoffman, I think.

• Like 2

I would really like to see Outcast band of Gypsies - relatives of Zoraida that came through the second breach.

Models would have Puri Daj Zoraida (Grandmother Zoraida) Ability: This model may be hired by Crew lead by Zoraida regardless of faction.

What exactly IS Zoraida's fluff? I know that she was human and "became" Neverborn, but is there any fluff about her family? Because that would be super cool. Would Outcast/Neverborn be too much of a stretch? ;):D

What exactly IS Zoraida's fluff? I know that she was human and "became" Neverborn, but is there any fluff about her family? Because that would be super cool. Would Outcast/Neverborn be too much of a stretch? ;):D

Unknown. It clear she arrived in Malifaux before the current human population, either during the time of the first Breach, or some other time.

Why do you think he'd be an Arcanist?

I'd like to see a master take advantage of the Academic model type. I feel it makes the most sense because while he is a necromancer, all of his Students are Constructs. Which faction loves constructs?

Guild! Arcanists!

But if he was Arcanist/Resser, the only out-of-faction Academic is the Librarian. Also, I cannot see Schtook's connection to the Arcanist cause. Seems just like a Resser.

The Guild have the Sanctioned Spellcaster too, but I can see your point.

It clear she arrived in Malifaux before the current human population, either during the time of the first Breach, or some other time.

She came to Malifaux when she was young, long before the first breach opening.

I haven't finished all the books yet, but as far as I know her past prior to to the point when she crossed the breach is uknown. And the only thing I know about her youth is that her and Lilith know each other since then and that, according to Lilith, she used to be gorgeous. And looking at her Avatar I have to agree :)

But if you recall, Hoffman in the first book was almost the first incarnation of a Dual Master. It's not too much of a stretch, though I definitely understand where you're coming from. It would be hard without relying on the "double-agent" trope.

Maybe he could be a construct designer for the guild? Surely they get them from somewhere.

We missed that chance with Hoffman, I think.

Yeah, that's true. If there ever will be Guild/Arcanist Master, it should be Hoffman.