Charge actions and the Brewmaster

Lawgnome

I was looking at the Brewmaster and have a question regarding charging and his Drinking Contest:

If a model charges Brewie from outside of his 3" drinking contest range, do they have to flip to see if they take a drink on each of their attacks once they are in the bubble?

Similarly, if they declare a charge from within his 3" bubble (but outside of the 2" engagement range), do they only take a single drinking contest flip for the charge, or do they need to take 3 flips for the charge and the two attacks?

I was able to find the answer to my first question, but what about the second?  If you declare a charge when you are between 2 and 3 inches away from Brewie (i.e. out of his engagement range but within the drinking contest range) do you have to make 3 drinking contest flips or 2?

One for each action you take. A charge is a (2) Tactical Action, 1 test, if you fail, you drink instead. If you succeed, the next action you're going to be taking is a (1) close attack action, if you fail, you drink instead, then you do it again for the next attack. So...three, right? If you succeed on the first one.

One for each action you take. A charge is a (2) Tactical Action, 1 test, if you fail, you drink instead. If you succeed, the next action you're going to be taking is a (1) close attack action, if you fail, you drink instead, then you do it again for the next attack. So...three, right? If you succeed on the first one.

Yeah.

The process for taking an action includes "Step 1 Declare action and spend AP". In this step you need to declare what the action is, and things like Manipulative tests will be taken here (The Charge Action pays for the attack so it doesn't actually need you to spend AP).

So yes, every time you take an action you have to declare what it is.

Some models have multiple actions they could take on the charge, so you need to tell the oppoent which one you are taking.

Drinking contest specifically says "declares an action" though, do you declare the two attacks from charge seperately or is it part of the main Charge action (considering the attacks will be at the charge target right?

It is not intuitive but it is how it was "ruled". Still argue that it is stupid but that ship sailed a long time ago now.