Questions about the blast , and armor for sh .

wulkon

Question

Hi guys!

Last day in a party vs Perdita , she carried  the Armor 2 vs Sh .

I shot other miniature and she was hit by a blast .

We had a little discussion about the blast, because we couldn´t find any References in the rulebook .

I think the blast is a kind of damage, with no relation With the sh, mi , ca or other kind of attack.

My friend said yes, because the damage come from a action, and this action is the kind of attack from the blast.

For the game, finally we played like sh-blast, but I like to ask to the forum. 

(I dont want be evil, because everybody know that perdida is the one of weaker masters in malifaux :P)

10 answers to this question

The only thing that armour doesn't work again is Poison or attacks that specifically state that it ignores armour whether you are the original target of an attack or a Blast.  It's not like Incorporeal that only works against Sh/Ml.  Bulletproof would only apply if the Blast was generated by a Sh attack at Dirial states.

Bullet Proof +1: Reduce all damage suffered by this model from Sh Actions by +1, to a minimum of 1

The action was a Sh action. It caused Damage. The damage that the blast marker is causing is due to a Sh action. Therefore Bullet proof applies.

• Like 1

Bullet Proof +1: Reduce all damage suffered by this model from Sh Actions by +1, to a minimum of 1

The action was a Sh action. It caused Damage. The damage that the blast marker is causing is due to a Sh action. Therefore Bullet proof applies.

This.

The only thing that armour doesn't work again is Poison or attacks that specifically state that it ignores armour whether you are the original target of an attack or a Blast.  It's not like Incorporeal that only works against Sh/Ml.  Bulletproof would only apply if the Blast was generated by a Sh attack at Dirial states.

Why doesn`t armour work against Poison? If you take 3 dmg from Poison (due to McMourning crew auras) and you have Armour +1 you would take 2 dmg IMO

Why doesn`t armour work against Poison? If you take 3 dmg from Poison (due to McMourning crew auras) and you have Armour +1 you would take 2 dmg IMO

The Main rule book says poison damage can not be reduced. Hence abilities like Armour that reduce damage, don't work on it.

• Like 1

Things like armor and bullet proof do reduce blast damage, but hitting something with blast damage does get around a couple other defensive abilities. First of all you aren't making a Df duel to do some damage; if there are two models close together and one has really high defense, often it's better to aim for the lower defense one and blast over to the higher Df model. Also, can get around things like Terror or Manipulative through the same means. Another big one is that since there is no duel on it, the blasted model won't get any defensive triggers, so it's a great way to get around annoying defensive triggers (such as Molly, Dreamer, Marcus, etc.).

• Like 1