New Nephilim Player

Deluge

Greetings All

My name is Matthew and I currently live in Leeds, UK. A friend of mine on here introduced me to the world of Malifaux a few months ago, my hobby life due to other systems has stagnated over the past few months and as a result I have been looking into getting back in wargaming. I have decided on Lilith and the Nephalim and as a result I have ordered the Lilith Starter Set, Nekima and a pack of Nephilim.

Looking forward to my miniatures and interacting with you all

Cheers

Matt

*edit for spelling

(0) Welcome to Malifaux!

Nice choice on your first Master. I started playing Lilith recently myself and focused purely on Nephilim for the fun of it. It's been really fun. Lilith however is so versatile and useful in so many situations she can run pretty much anything in her crew and still do really well. You're off to a great start with your beginners picks. Consider some of the Swampfiends or other Nephilm as your next pickups. They are particularly awesome :D

Thanks for the welcome, at the moment I will be focussing on the assembly, basing and painting aspect as although I have been wargaming for nearly 15 years I have yet to field a fully painted army so that for me is going to be priority number one. I also want to collect everything possible in plastic so will be playing almost entirely with the above models until the other Nephilim are released in plastic

Thanks for the welcome, I have put those onto my Shopping list for when they come out in plastic as well as the Black Blood Shaman and Mr Graves. I have also been looking in Zoraida and Pandora boxes for potential models to use with Lilith and expand outward into a second (or third) master

*edit spelling and stuff

When I started playing Malifaux, I had no interest in the Neverborn. Cartoony-feeling demon-thingies just didn't interest me. Then I read the fluff on them, and was intrigued. I started buying them. Fast forward to 2E and they are my favorite faction, with Lilith being my favorite master.

1) Use Barbaros and especially his (0) Challenge action. That thing is awesome! Note that it comes into play even when your opponent is targeting their own models...

2) Walgeists are a really fun addition to Lilith. I get more use out of them than other Nephilim

3) Lilith can easily get obsessed with running around with her sword... don't be tempted. She's far better when you don't go get her killed by being to aggressive. I saw an awesome description of playing her like the spider at the center of the web (PullMyFinger maybe?) and that definitely increased my effectiveness with her. 

4) Lilith likes all Neverborn. She likes Nephilim and has fun tricks there too, but I've run her with all sorts of Neverborn minions and had good success. She certainly doesn't require Nephilim to be successful.

I've had a look into Mr Graves, he seems like an interesting model to use and something that brings something else aesthetically to the crew, I have also started looking into the Dark Debts box due to his interaction with Lynch....I can see what my friend told me is true, that I am most likely to end up collecting an entire faction quiet easily. However I will be attempting to hold off on this for a while (or at least until my willpower collapses)

Lynch is awesome, and his box might be the best expansion for every other Neverborn Master.

I can see what my friend told me is true, that I am most likely to end up collecting an entire faction quiet easily. 

One faction? You underestimate the curse of Malifaux.

Hi mate, just checked with the store my order has not been dispatched yet! Although some more terrain has turned up at work today so I should be able to bring plenty with me when my models finally turn up, unless of course I can borrow a crew again for a couple more rounds of intro games?

Well now, Lilith has arrived but its not looking like I'll get much painting time while I'm building my game board so may just borrow one of your crews for a few games, do you have anyone who plays like Lucius?

I have been looking at him Lately as a second Master and he looks really interesting, although that then opens up the fact I'll be collecting Guild and Neverborn (not a bad thing although I might as well change my paycheck to be made payable to Wyrd)

• Like 1

Lucius is not an easy Master for beginners, but he is tons of fun. Just don't expect him to kill lots of stuff. In fact, he might make a good object lesson in focusing on objectives instead of short-term gratification.

Oh, and if you want to have an excange with an up-and-coming Lucius player, contact zFiend! :D