Pyrflamme

they still do, and if Mounted McCabe dies, the re-activate condition still kicks in...........

If you Summon Dismounted McCabe that is not the case I don't think? McCabe is removed instead of being Killed or Sacrificed.

@OP 10T are pretty strong, generally speaking, against shooting. Lots of fast models to close down distance and engage models to prevent shooting. Lots of anti-shooting abilities e.g., Miskai and Lone Swordsman with their Bulletproof, Mei Feng's Vent Steam, high Df generally, and Torakage. They also have a bunch of ranged models that can out-range most other shooting. You just need to choose your flavour.

right

If you summon him via dismount, no trigger. if he dies, and comes back as dismounted, he still dies and would trigger them I do believe.

I don't think this would work in either case.  The last sentence of Dismount reads "Remove this model from the game instead of killing or sacrificing it."  So he is not killed or sacrificed.  Too bad. That would be awesome!

When mounted McCabe "dies", he doesn't die, regardless of how he died (this is his "dismount" ability), so you wouldn't get the reactivations for the snipers until regular McCabe died. Otherwise he'd also give away stuff like Assassinate, Reckoning, Collect the Bounty, etc when he fell off his horse. I love his horse, but she's not so important as to count as a master (or even a model, it would seem). Bloomin' dogs get all the love.

Edit: Bloody Torakage everywhere...

The Reactivate from Loyalty Unto Death is part of the reason why I love the Snipers with Misaki is that she is usually a calculated loss for your crew and ends up giving you a lot when she does go down. McCabe benefits less from this because he basically has a Hard to Kill in the middle of his wounds but he can gift them with Reactivate anyway which is pretty awesome!

2 Snipers and Shenlong is an evil combination. I always feel a bit dirty fielding it but it's so good. Take apart the enemy at range and when they close just keep bumping the Snipers over their HTK.

The Swordsman is fairly indestructable to ranged attacks, but I agree with Ferossa, it's all about using the terrain to your advantage.

Unless you're facing Austringers.

• Like 1