Levi in reckoning and bounty vs rezz

Myk

Hi guys,

I would like to know how would you deal with Levi in reckoning and collect the Bounty ? With which master and how ? And also how would you do it with Seamus. 

I am just looking for new way or a new angle to see things as I am really struggling against him on those 2 Strats.  Every time I show up with a idea he seems to have the trigger or the ability to by pass it. 

I though the hanged could deal with him. no

I though the flesh construct was a good idea but his trigger half damage just does the job. 

The waif are really difficult to get to without using loads of activation.

With reckoning and Collect the bounty it's not really reliable to "just kill the anchors" without killing the full crew. 

Well, please enlighten me :) 

Thanks 

In Reckoning, I'd depend on fast or ranged options and do my best to kill the Waifs for Reckoning points in turn two/three, and to limit Levi's placement, or to take him out. Rogue Necromancy comes to mind, maybe Hanged. Seamus with Bag of Tools, maybe. Shikome for speed, ignoring armor, and Wp shenanigans.

You must fully commit to moving the waifs out of position to stop Levi from returning in the best position to deal damage to your crew. Thankfully we have Lure, and Ca8 vs WP 5 is a nice advantage. Will require you to wait until the anchoring model has activated so the waif can be out of position at the end of the turn

Seamus can one-shot a waif even on weak damage, so can the copy-cat killer. On the turn you plan to remove the waifs from the game you are going to want these two (or others who can inflict reliable damage) to get to the waifs to stop any rebirth of Levi. Back Alley can help to get to one that has been tucked away for safety. You could even use Sybelle with Bleeding tongue to hit Seamus to obey him to do a back alley before he has activated. Sybelle/Seamus with Not too banged up can also help the Belles lure more effectively, as the +2 walk will make them faster than there 'anchors' so the Levi player will either have to spend the game with his anchors chasing after the waifs or accept Levi will not come back if they get killed.

Even if you only kill one of the Waifs, the other will hopefully be in a bad position that he will have to burn more AP to get somewhere useful.

Seamus with Decaying Aura can kill Levi in one shot too, or moderate from the gun and weak from the Sinister Rep spell. Decaying Aura stops Levi using stones to prevent damage.

Hope some of this helps!

EDIT: Forgot my favourite trick in Collect the Bounty - have Sybelle hit Seamus and use the auto-trigger "Deathmark" this turns Seamus into a peon and worth zero points for the bounty! You are free to hunt down Levi and the waifs with the best model to do so AND if the levi player kills him, he won't be worth anything in the strategy!

Seamus is a really good pick. He and Perdita are the heads of the "F-U Leveticus Foundation". Hunt down the Waifs, kill the anchors by luring them into an unpleasant place, and you don't need to kill Leveticus (he does that pretty good by himself) you only need to pin off 2-4 wounds off him before he can activate. Then he cannot Channel like a madman an kill whatever he wants. Night Terrors can be very annoying for Leveticus too. If they can tie him up in melee, he probably will need a full activation in order to get rid of it. Sure, that is one dead model, but if you plan for it to happen, it shouldn't be a hard loss. Also, stay out of Leveticus LoS. If he needs to walk or undead-jump around, he will sacrifice AP or an extra life.

The Collect the Bounty tip Kogan Style talked about is really good. With that said though, it is only annoyance for Leveticus, which will hopefully lead to that you can deny some strategy points one turn. Leveticus can still be a really big threat for Seamus.

As for the Lure the anchors in order to get them further away than 6" from the Waif tactic, it is situational. Both the Waif and the Anchor needs to be activated more or less. Otherwise the Waif can just walk up the distance.

Myk there is a thread on facing Leveticus in the Arcanist forum, which is really good. Look it up!

Seamus actually does really well against Leveticus generally. With his high Wp and Impossible to Wound, Levy can't do a ton of damage, and Seamus can just jump around killing his other models (and he's great at Waif-hunting too!) Live For Pain and Haberdashery help a lot for soaking up wounds and keeping Seamus healed.

The most important thing is cover. Get cover and use it. Don't leave your models without cover or Levy will melt them.

And if Seamus can drop Levy with a flintlock pistol shot, all the better for Seamus.

(I'm a Levy player but often get beaten up by Seamus during play.)

Seamus kills waifs really well on any board with a decent amount of Blocking terrain.

Belles can very easily ruin the levi positioning of Waif and anchors.

Bete is pretty good, as she can appear from levi when he sacrificess to bring out a waif.

Killing Levi before he activates is just giving him Paralyse. (Its still useful, but he will eb back).  Killing anchors or waifs is more important to him.

And typically most of his his Anchors are the models you'd aim to be killing on a Reckoning or bounty mission anyway

• Like 2

Bete is pretty good, as she can appear from levi when he sacrificess to bring out a waif.

I'd say that's not true. He's just buried, "not killed or sacrificed."

You can absolutely bring her out at the end of a turn when he sacrifices a Waif to return to play, though.

Killing Levi before he activates is just giving him Paralyse. Killing anchors or waifs is more important to him.

Killing Levy before he activates is almost exactly the same as killing one of his Waifs and giving him Paralyzed. The difference is in his positioning options (his options are somewhat reduced when he's killed).

He's got three lives - you can kill him and/or his Waifs three times before he's permanently buried, and that number can never be increased. Just kill whichever is easier, safer or more convenient - with the additional benefit, if you kill Levy, that he misses his turn as well. Badly hurting him is also fine, because he's not especially effective if he can't Channel, and he'll burn resources to try to stay alive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say that's not true. He's just buried, "not killed or sacrificed."

You can absolutely bring her out at the end of a turn when he sacrifices a Waif to return to play, though.

Killing Levy before he activates is almost exactly the same as killing one of his Waifs and giving him Paralyzed. The difference is in his positioning options (his options are somewhat reduced when he's killed).

He's got three lives - you can kill him and/or his Waifs three times before he's permanently buried, and that number can never be increased. Just kill whichever is easier, safer or more convenient - with the additional benefit, if you kill Levy, that he misses his turn as well. Badly hurting him is also fine, because he's not especially effective if he can't Channel, and he'll burn resources to try to stay alive.

Unfortunately as the Waif is sacrificed and not killed Bête cannot be unburied  :(