Wong with current models?

echarlie

Man, Slop Haulers are only 5 points? Who thought that was a good idea? Here I was assuming they were a good deal at 6 or balanced at 7...

Balanced at 7 stones? Yeah, maybe if they were Walk 6, had more wounds and/or Feed Piggies wasn't 2 AP...

As for the Bug comparison, I'll be honest and say I've never run them but I don't understand how people are being so dismissive of them. Neat as hell 0 actions, more wounds, Ca 6, Walk 5, armor piercing. There's a lot to like there. 

In fact, I'm thinking Survival of the Fittest for Tinkerin' and Do It Like Dis' for their triggers might make them tasty on a Somer list.

As for the Bug comparison, I'll be honest and say I've never run them but I don't understand how people are being so dismissive of them. Neat as hell 0 actions, more wounds, Ca 6, Walk 5, armor piercing. There's a lot to like there.

I don't see people being dismissive of them. I expressed my preference for Slop Haulers over them in general (though using both is certainly very viable) but that's like saying that I prefer Nurses over Belles - maybe, but I really like them both.
  • Like 1

Balanced at 7 stones? Yeah, maybe if they were Walk 6, had more wounds and/or Feed Piggies wasn't 2 AP...

In fact, I'm thinking Survival of the Fittest for Tinkerin' and Do It Like Dis' for their triggers might make them tasty on a Somer list.

I love them as anti-Arcanist models since they tend to have lots of armor targets. For 5ss, these guys can dish out nice damage against Howard, Meta Gamin, Joss, Arachnids, and all that. Really amazing model. Very different role than Slop Haulers, but Slops tend to bring a lot more options. Though the (0) that can heal or drop free schemes is awesome. :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/2/2016 at 5:07 PM, scottb said:

Math - do you remember what you took and what you did to earn this comment?

I outactivated Nico and had Gracie with Saddle and Reactivate who walked four times carrying Wong. Then Wong Focused and shot into the Summoning cluster - I had a great hand and did a ton of damage. Shot once more and got Red Joker on damage. Next turn I won Initiative, had a great hand and shot again. The kill tally was impressive to say the least and Gracie finished the remnants with only a couple of Scheme runners on the flanks left from the carnage who were then killed swiftly by my flankers (Rafael and Francois).

But I got lucky with hand and flips and my opponent didn't realize how far Wong was able to ride so was clustered carelessly - similar things can happen with many Masters if the opponent isn't quite aware of the capabilities of the opposing crew.

• Like 2