Ramos summoning

rvdbarnes

Summoning three spiders is great in my opinion. If I can do it (requires having an 11+ tome and a soulstone) I probably will. The arachnids will come in with 2 wounds, but 3 arachnid with 2 wounds are generally better than 2 with 3 wounds you know. And Bleeding Edge Tech can heal them very easily.

A lot of the time you can only summon two though.

I'll be having my first Ramos game today and thinking of playing recon, protect territory and plant evidence.

Ramos-bleeding edge tech

Electric creation

Metal gamin

Jos

Howard

This leaves me with 4SS and a 3SS cache?

Do I bring in one more crew, upgrade or go with 7SS cache.

Ramos -- 7 Pool
 +Electric Summoning [1]
 +Seize The Day [1]

Brass Arachnid [4]
Howard Langston [12]
Joss [10]
Mobile Toolkit [3]

There is one possibility. You could add Imbued Energies to Howard and/or Joss. 

What you can do is: 

1. Activate Ramos and try to summon in an EC (7 :tome ) if you don't have the the tome but have the 7 you might as well stone it. 
2. Shoot at the EC and cheat down it's Df to get a straight flip so you can inflict moderate damage (a low card and a moderate card)
3. Summon as many spiders as you can. 

In a smaller game the impact is bigger so you don't want/have to start hack'n'slashing your own models. If all fails and you don't have any cards to do that, kill the toolkit for scrap and summon out of that. If you have the cards save the toolkit because it's pretty damn good. 

Why is Ramos so strong in small games?

Due to being able to easily out activate an opponent early on?

The smaller the game, the better Summoners become.

But with Ramos, there's also the fact that his Summoning is extremely AP efficient for Ramos himself and the fact that a Re-activating Langston is utterly insanely destructive. This latter fact means that in small games he can somewhat easily kill the model that is a threat to him and then slaughter the rest of the enemy crew. In bigger games he can be overrun if he is too reckless but in smaller games this is more difficult.

With the Spiders providing outactivation and if you take Seize the Day, it is quite possible for Langston to take three Activations back to back demolishing most crews at that points level.

Finally, smaller games means that your opponent is less likely to be able to have contingencies - if they didn't bring anything to deal with Armor, Joss is silly durable and his attack can negate many defenses.