League Game, Yan Lo vs Zoraida

Jonasty

Great write up. Couple of questions about the Waldgeists:

1. I'm not sure how they can use Germinate to manufacture terrain to give themselves increased melee range and THEN charge someone, since the Tree Markers are removed when the Geist moves; maybe it happened differently to how you wrote it (Turn 2)? I'm interested, because I'd really like to be able to do this with my Geists, but it doesn't seem possible.

2. The Tree Markers don't block Line of Sight (again, unfortunately for those of us using them!), so they couldn't be used to prevent the Hanged from targetting Lenny -- they're different from Lilith's Illusionary Forest in this regard. But if Lenny was close enough to the Trees, they would at least provide Soft Cover. I think that's how this works, at least?

Again, thanks for the write up, and the pics, really enjoyed it.

Great write up. Couple of questions about the Waldgeists:

1. I'm not sure how they can use Germinate to manufacture terrain to give themselves increased melee range and THEN charge someone, since the Tree Markers are removed when the Geist moves; maybe it happened differently to how you wrote it (Turn 2)? I'm interested, because I'd really like to be able to do this with my Geists, but it doesn't seem possible.

2. The Tree Markers don't block Line of Sight (again, unfortunately for those of us using them!), so they couldn't be used to prevent the Hanged from targetting Lenny -- they're different from Lilith's Illusionary Forest in this regard. But if Lenny was close enough to the Trees, they would at least provide Soft Cover. I think that's how this works, at least?

Again, thanks for the write up, and the pics, really enjoyed it.

1. Think you're right on this, I'm struggling to remember the exact order of events on whether we played this correct or not. Maybe he'd charged then popped them after, can't quite remember.

2. Tree Markers do block LOS because they have the Dense terrain trait.

Wald's are pretty much the only NB I don't own yet so I don't reference them often. They had dense in the Beta, they lost it in the final printing?

Yes, I think it was shown that having Minions that can drop LOS blocking markers effectively for free was a little too good.