Nicodem summoning question

Strangely Brown

Question

Hi there,

Apologies if this has already been dealt with elsewhere, I couldn't find a way of searching the forum.

I'm looking to get back into Malifaux 2e with my resurrectionists.  I had bought a load of undead models from other factions, since in 1e Nicodem was allowed to hire them at face cost, without the extra-faction charge.  I don't see this rule on his card now, but I was wondering if he would be able to summon them using his re-animator spell?

Bottom line, I'm trying to understand how I can get the Killjoy into my Nicodem gang!  ;)

Cheers in advance for any advice/pointers!

14 answers to this question

You can hire Killjoy as a Mercenary, but you'll have to pay the extra stone for him. No more out-of-Faction Undead hiring, sorry.

Nicodem's summoning is limited to Resurrectionist Undead minions... that still gives him more variety than any other summoner in the game, though. :)

Edit: Dirial'd >:|

Brilliant - thanks all for the quick and helpful responses!

I must say I am really impressed with the refresh so far - Malifaux 2e has quickly risen to my top 2 systems!

NIcodem crew fully painted and I will learn (the hard way!) how he ticks.

Seamus & Dougie on the painting table as we speak! :D

Thanks again for your help!

'Brown 

• Like 1

Now that's a trio of the most awesome masters in this game. McMourning, Seamus and Nicodem. My top3. :D

Can I ask just out of curiosity, what is the other system?

Glad to hear they're good - I'm going to need all the help I can get!  :D

The other system is Bushido by GCT studios - similar gang level encounters, and I really like the mechanic of splitting the combat dice pool between attack & defence - allows you to dial your aggression up & down more finely than most games.

But it's still a dice game (they hate me), so apples & pears with Malifaux - and the new Mailfaux models are excellent - really raising the bar I feel. 

• Like 1