Jack Daw...Teach Me ALL

noob

I like to give Daw all of his curse options (along with Writhing Torment and Twist and Turn). If you want to make Alyce tormented, I think it's easier to have a single guilty in the crew. Guilty are solid models overall. 

I usually have at least one guilty, and that means you can use Feel Their Torment on Daw to make one person Tormented (as Daw uses a Share the Guilt attack from the Guilty's card), and then have the Guilty use the same attack on someone else.

• Like 3

Malifaux Child could use Feel Their Torment to make a third model tormented from a single guilty, couldn't it? Needs a 10 on a  :+fate  flip, but if you target your own model, it's not too bad. 

It can, but I tend to use Lady Liegia instead. You can also use that to cast it, and then shoot like Hans or the Freikorp trapper...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I've been really tied up lately with IP and haven't really come back to this discussion for a while. I recently got a PM asking for a "generic daw list" and after a bunch of thinking I think I've come up with two solid (and similar) lists that are a good base to start with... from these lists (depending on your style of play) you can swap out for other effective models as you see fit (will make recommendations).

I hope Valhallan pops in to comment on these and make suggestions of his own as his list at Adepticon was very similar and I haven't seen too many other Daw players have such a concise solid list - most go for big huge costy models in which you end up with a pretty weak list, overall - imo.

List One - Standard Tarpit

Daw - 2SS

-T&T

- Writhing Torment

- Injustices x3

LL

Ama

Librarian

Jaakuna

-Creeping Terror

Sue

Drowned

Guilty

- You shouldn't run into too many situations you don't have an answer to with this list when playing it in a denial manner - you might find it lacking a bit in particular circumstances. Daw should never run with less than 8 mode count - you can really bully Daw with activations.

Now for the generic jerk list:

List Two - Aggressive Tarpit

Daw - 5SS

- T&T

- Writhing Torment

- Injustices x3

Malifaux Child

Ama

Jaakuna

-Creeping Terror

Nurse

Drowned

Guilty

Hanged

This list can really lock your opponent down with good target selection and shouldn't suffer by being too overspecialized either. Lots of models in this list people aren't going to like going against.

When it comes to swappig models out your biggest questions will be: 1 - Librarian vs Nurse - Librarian is the safe and always good choice, nurses are better when you are doing schemey pools and need more speed and shenanigans but can be totally lackluster in some matchups. 2 - Guilty? or Crooked/Drowned? - Matchup dependent.

Other than that - Ama is good to swap out for Rusty Alyce and some other good considerations that immediately come to mind are A&D and Johan.

Worry more about denial and lockdown and not so much about killpower.

Try out the lists and let me know what you think. That is all for now. :)

• Like 2

Jack Daw is the Pandora of 2.0

Trust me, he will make you feel like Warmachine was the better choice, instead of buying that first crew box those years ago ;)

I remember someone on the old forums, when he tried to explain the feeling of playing against her like "being caught under a couch, that is on fire".

• Like 1