Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

I played a game against the Neverborn. It was a Turf War, and I brought Sonnia Criid out to play with Distract and Make Them Suffer. My opponent played Zoraida with Bodyguard on Juju, and Power Ritual.

My opponent made a tactical error on turn 1, but he fairly played on although it was pretty clear he was only trying to stay in the game. He powered up an Illuminated for weak damage 6 with a Nurse and slaughtered Hopkins, which was pretty hilarious. It still was a 9-5 win for the Guild, and I ended with more Witchlings than I started with.

If I counted correctly, that makes the state of our little competition:

8 games in, with 58 - 46 VP in favor of Ressers.

(personal achievement: I won my first game, while zFiend lost his :D )

• Like 1

Awesome, then I've racked up one win!  I'll be playing again over the next two days so I'll have my thee games in by Wednesday!  Then I have another game Thursday and 2-3 Saturday ....

I'm soooooo jealous right now.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

All three of my games for this stand off are done! I played a 50ss tournament this weekend. 3 games, which all were coincidentally against Ressers!

Game 1:

Sonnia VS Nicodem

I lost 7-9

Highlight from this game was turn 4, 4 flesh constructs reactivating because I had no cards in hand. Ouch.

Game 2:

Sonnia VS Seamus

I won 7-4

Highlight from this game was a death Marshall pine boxing bête for half the game.

Game 3:

Perdita VS Yan Lo

I won 9-8

Highlight from this game was Perdita.

Turn one she killed Jakune. Turn 2 she killed Chiaki. Turn 4 she killed Mortimer. Turn 5 a lone Ashigaru.

Turn 4, with a combination of soul stones, rams and vengeance bullet and a cheat in of a red joker for damage, she did a total of 14 damage to Mortimer in one shot from 14" away.

BOOM!

• Like 2

I had a quick game in last week that I still haven't done a write up for, but we did a 30ss henchman game. Had a good time.

It was guild v 10T

I figured I would keep it thematic, and went with Sidir with some upgrades, a couple of wastrels a witchling stalker and the pathfinder. My opponent ran Ototo some Torakage and a Samurai. We had Turf war. I took assassinate and deliver a message. I figured I could gun down Ototo pretty easily and I planned on getting a wastrel up in Ototo's face. He took assassinate as well, and didn't reveal the other one and to my knowledge never tried to score any points on it.

In an unusual game for me... it turned into more of a shooting match than a strat and scheme match. I'm a little disappointed in myself. I spent the majority of the game setting up and shooting at him to keep him off the center line... but I only had one guy drop a marker for turf war and that wasn't until turn 4, and by that point, not enough of my crew was alive to get those precious vp. I did nail Ototo with the pathfinder after chasing him around a little bit. (he spent most of the game hiding from me since I announced it.

in the end though, I did win 2 to 0. scoring my points from assassinate

I think my issue is I played the crew exactly like I would in a 50ss game, but without shifting my priorities to accommodate for the missing models. ie at 50ss I would have done all the same things, but also had scheme runners. instead I got bogged down in the old way of just shooting the other guy.

The guy was pretty new, and was using my stuff, so maybe subconsciously I was going easy on him? idk, but chalk up 2 more vp for the guild.

I'll get another game in on Wednesday! (and remember to do my battle report the next morning so I only forget half of it! ;] )

I blundered, I won 9-5, not 9-6. I edited above posts. After Jeremy's win, it's

12 games in, 79 - 71 VP in favor of Ressers.

I also only counted Myyrä's win, but it's also zFiend's loss:

13 games in, 85 - 80 VP in favor of Ressers.

A little bit of a late starter for me but I should be doing a game on Thursday against my local Resser player and friend. It's more of a demo / re-introductory game as he's not played in well over a year however he was always a very challenging opponent so I'll be doing the henchmanly thing and stomping his ressers with some Guild law (plus the obligatory merc or two!)

• Like 1

You are supposed to lose in a demo game you heartless evil bastard.

He's a very good player and it's more of a re-introductory game than a demo. He still has a very good understanding of the basics but needs a more experienced player to help him get back to grips with the game. Plus he's Resser scum so you know... there's that. 

Not if you play in a Mexican Standoff where the Ressers are in the lead. The Guild needs the points!

:D

Amen bruther! To be fair I always struggled to bag a win against him back in the day. He kicked my ass all over the place as he taught me how to play. He used to be a henchman but now the Apprentice has become the Master! 

200.gif

He's a very good player and it's more of a re-introductory game than a demo. He still has a very good understanding of the basics but needs a more experienced player to help him get back to grips with the game. Plus he's Resser scum so you know... there's that. 

Amen bruther! To be fair I always struggled to bag a win against him back in the day. He kicked my ass all over the place as he taught me how to play. He used to be a henchman but now the Apprentice has become the Master! 

Hubris!

I will eagerly await the report of you being grinded to dust in your demo game.