Greetings From Another Noob

Jacks

I've just decided to start collecting and eventually playing Malifaux 2E after getting a look at Second Edition's gorgeous miniatures. I'm a modeler/ painter first, gamer second, so I've already ordered the Zoraida Crew box just to start working on some minis (been painting 40K for 22 years, so I'm well versed in that aspect), and I'm going to pick up the rulebook soon and start reading, the painter in me just couldn't resist picking up some minis first. I plan on adding some sorrows, waldgeists and nephilim to the Zoraida crew, so my question is: How many points is a typical game, and will the aforementioned models be a decent sized crew altogether? Thanks, everybody.

Here is the official crew creator: LINK

You can try the size of your crews yourself there.

Welcome to Malifaux!

Oh, one thing I forgot: If you can, don't get models on their own if they are also included in Master box sets. Thinking of the Sorrows and Tots. There is no other way to get the Masters and Henchmen, and if you want them in the future, you'll have a vast surplus of unneeded models.

I've just decided to start collecting and eventually playing Malifaux 2E after getting a look at Second Edition's gorgeous miniatures. I'm a modeler/ painter first, gamer second, so I've already ordered the Zoraida Crew box just to start working on some minis (been painting 40K for 22 years, so I'm well versed in that aspect)

Welcome! Always good to have more enthusiastic hobbyists around here!

How many points is a typical game, and will the aforementioned models be a decent sized crew altogether? 

The size that the game balance is said to be tuned to is 50ss, which is also the level most tournaments play at. If you're looking at getting in some smaller point games to learn the basic mechanics, I recommend giving the "Henchman Hardcore" format, the rules for which are available here.