Any news on Spirit releases?

chris_havoc

Yeah, Wyrd should totally concentrate on bringing out lots of Spirits first. Who cares about Nightmares and Puppets, or Showgirls, or Shenlong?

:D

They should have synched the release of Kirai with the Spirits, not just punt her out there door and leave her without any support for a year. Perhaps put out Molly once a fair amount of Horrors were out, then a bunch of Spirits, and finally Kirai.

• Like 1

They should have synched the release of Kirai with the Spirits, not just punt her out there door and leave her without any support for a year. Perhaps put out Molly once a fair amount of Horrors were out, then a bunch of Spirits, and finally Kirai.

I'm hoping the imminent release of Molly means we'll start to see some spirits soon.

Yeah, Wyrd should totally concentrate on bringing out lots of Spirits first. Who cares about Nightmares and Puppets, or Showgirls, or Shenlong?

:D

How many of those have an unplayable starter box out? The only one even somewhat close is Nightmares and you can still play Dreamer, though the Lelu, Lilitu, Stitcheds and Insidious Madnesses certainly make him a lot more powerful. Kirai OTOH is completely unplayable in her current state and she has been out for quite some time now.
  • Like 1

How many of those have an unplayable starter box out? The only one even somewhat close is Nightmares and you can still play Dreamer, though the Lelu, Lilitu, Stitcheds and Insidious Madnesses certainly make him a lot more powerful. Kirai OTOH is completely unplayable in her current state and she has been out for quite some time now.

:+fate

• Like 1

Dreamer without Nightmares is about as playable as Kirai currently is. Even the Chompy build relies on Dreamer being able to do damage, and that isn't really happening unless there are Nightmares in his crew. The only Nightmare model available in plastic outside his crew box is currently Teddy.

Shenlong and Colette are more unplayable than Kirai currently.

I must've missed their Starters being released! Because if that wasn't your point, then why not list Daw, Ironsides, Kaeris, Brewmaster, Mah, Ulix, Hamelin, Collodi, and Molly? This isn't about the fact that Wyrd hasn't released all there is to release, it's about releasing a Starter in an essentially unplayable state and then not supporting it for a year or so.

Dreamer without Nightmares is about as playable as Kirai currently is. Even the Chompy build relies on Dreamer being able to do damage, and that isn't really happening unless there are Nightmares in his crew. The only Nightmare model available in plastic outside his crew box is currently Teddy.

He is handicapped but nowhere near Kirai's level. I would be willing to take Dreamer with Neverborn available in Plastic against your Kirai with Ressers available in plastic and I'm pretty confident I will do quite nicely ;)

But I do agree that Dreamer, though not quite as bad as Kirai, was also poorly handled re: release schedule.

My guess is that something unforeseen happened during production for both of these as their current release schedule makes zero sense.

• Like 2

Once again, metals are out there if you want to put the effort in to look.

I'll knock Wyrd for not having some models, or not selling things like Vasilisa separately, but almost everything you guys are listing is out there in metal.

Is it pretty or plastic or even coming with up-to-date cards? Nope.

Come on though, that's far from being unplayable. Hell I just watched a Kirai player on Saturday summon a ton of spirits. He lost to Misaki, but he had plenty of models for just starting (enough to summon like three crews).

Once again, metals are out there if you want to put the effort in to look.

They are really not out there anymore. Wyrd has stopped them entirely so you'll have to go around ordering from all around the world and probably still won't find some of the missing models.

The only metals I have been unable to find to buy without any decent chance of success/near retail price have been the Widow Weaver, the #1 Austringer, and Coryphee.

I have seen everything else for sale, though as OOP it is first come first serve.

P.S. And LEs, I guess, but that's makes sense on availability.

He is handicapped but nowhere near Kirai's level. I would be willing to take Dreamer with Neverborn available in Plastic against your Kirai with Ressers available in plastic and I'm pretty confident I will do quite nicely ;)

I'll take that action. When should we play?

I must've missed their Starters being released! Because if that wasn't your point, then why not list Daw, Ironsides, Kaeris, Brewmaster, Mah, Ulix, Hamelin, Collodi, and Molly? This isn't about the fact that Wyrd hasn't released all there is to release, it's about releasing a Starter in an essentially unplayable state and then not supporting it for a year or so.

I used the examples that were discussed in multiple posts earlier in the thread.

And to be honest, considering the availability of metals (in spite of Wyrd inexplicably canning them ahead of their replacements being available), Shenlong, Ironsides, Brewmster, Mah, Tara and Ulix should be priorities over support for Kirai, regardless of how she struggles looking only at plastics.

I'll take that action. When should we play?

Are you allowed to double or triple up on the box set to get bonus Onryo and Seishin?