Mr Graves a standout piece?

Jewomie

So, as I have been working on my rebasing project I am also looking at the 10T stuff that I don't have and trying to decide if it is something that I could get use out of. There are several things in the 10T that I don't own, but the biggest hole in my collection is Jacob Lynch's crew. I don't own any of it. zip zero zilch nada nothing. etc.

I'm curious though, with models like Yamazako, Ototo, Toshiro, Kang, the lone swordsman, samurai (with upgrade), and several other tough hitters that toss in a little control either with their threat or their skills, is there really a place where Mr Graves is the best fit for the job?

I love the sculpt, but I have avoided picking him up so far because I have no interest in Lych at all. I've played against the dark debts crew a few times (never with Graves or tannen included) and he just doesn't suit me. But if I am missing out on not having Malifaux's scariest bouncer among my minions, then I would like to know! haha

I have no doubt he performs well for his cost. Most of the models in 2.0 (maybe all?) seem to have figured out what they want to do, and are good at doing it.

I guess I'm curious if Graves outshines the rest at anything. is he the go-to-guy for anything in particular, or just one of those pieces where you can't go wrong tossing him at the table?

He outshines any other model at cracking skulls with a fencepost... this makes him 100% awesome! I love Graves. He's tough, hits hard, movement tricks, denial and he supports Tannen very well. Tannen is also another great pick for any Neverborn crew let alone Ten Thunders. His support is pure gold. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I think Tannen has already convinced me to check him out. And I think Graves is going to work his way into my next order too.

I had originally avoided them simply because I didn't like the dark debts stuff, but i think they both will work just fine without Jakob.

Yeah, I think Tannen has already convinced me to check him out. And I think Graves is going to work his way into my next order too.

I had originally avoided them simply because I didn't like the dark debts stuff, but i think they both will work just fine without Jakob.

They really don't have any synergy with Jakob. No Brilliance stuff, no Darkened, nothing. They have synergy with each other which makes them a good choice for others than Lynch.