kirai and ikiryo

Dafty

Question

If summoning is the result of an Action, the summoned model must be placed within LoS to the acting model.

Malevolence:..........summon Ikiryo into base contact with the Attacking model.

I Always thought regardless of los ikiryo gets summoned next to what ever hit her. But last night my opponent (playing kirai) said kirai needs los to the attacker since it is a summon.

With more time to dig. Malevolence is not an Action. But ikiryo is summoned as a result of an action.

So what's the community/ right way to play this.

Nico can but only through the Vulture so I'm guessing that doesn't count!  Seamus and McMourning definitely can't and I'm pretty sure that Yan Lo can't either as he needs a corpse marker.  So I'm going to say Molly can somehow but I've not played her!

Actually it is McMourning with Road Kill Scholar ability from Moonlighting upgrade.

But that is an 8" :aura lol. He has to see the thing that dies. The canine remains can be placed out side of los sure. But it's not like Hans shooting the table and ikiryo saying hello. But I guess it does fit the whole out of los thing.

Now if you said abra cadaver I would say no since. Triggers are part of actions and such.

But that is an 8" :aura lol. He has to see the thing that dies. The canine remains can be placed out side of los sure. But it's not like Hans shooting the table and ikiryo saying hello. But I guess it does fit the whole out of los thing.

Sure, it isn't that far out of LoS, but the distinction is actually pretty important because it allows you to place the doggie behind the model that dies, which you wouldn't be able to do with larger models if LoS was required.

Kirai does still need LoS to the friendly model that was attacked in order to trigger Malevolence.

Kirai does still need LoS to the friendly model that was attacked in order to trigger Malevolence.

Struggling with the original question now as well. 

I get the part the Kirai need LoS to the friendly Living or Undead model that suffers damage due to the :aura6 of the Malevolence ability.

From above reasoning I understand the consensus it that to summon Ikiryo a LoS to the enemy model that caused damage to the friendly model is not required and in addition LoS to just placed Ikiryo model is not required as well.

I'm okay with that and if my understanding is right this seems to be contrary to the PullMyFinger reference for Kirai though. This reference mentions under the Malevolence heading 'The only restriction on this is that the summon must be in LoS of Kirai, as she summons the model'.

Seems PullMyFinger is not correct or I'm not reading the above right.

I'm really sorry for necroposting, but this topic still appears as one of the first results in Google for "Ikiryo summoning Malifaux" request. And since new the question was clarified in Errata, this topic and Pull My Finger both have wrong information. Please check this one if you need updated rules: