Advice on Hannah

jonahmaul

Hi guys

I've yet to get Hannah on the table but envisage her making it soon as I'm going to take a break from Ressers after a tournament this weekend and focus on my Outcasts and TT.  As such I'd like some advice on using her as I'm not sure I see the value in her (she is quite pricey at 10SS).  I really like Arcane Reservoir (I'm thinking combined with I Pay Better it would be very useful) and her Ml attack does look pretty nasty but Outcasts are spoilt for beatsticks.  As such I'd love some advice on how people use her, in particular how do you use Make a New Entry?  Do you just keep a Librarian around so you can copy the extra Ca attack or are there any other good synergies?  Do you always take Ancient Tombs or is it not worth it?  What other upgrade work well with her (I'm thinking I Pay Better as above but Spoils of War seems like it would be good if running FK).  The Outcast Masters I own are Von Schill, Levi, Viks, Tara and Misaki (though the latter I only ever see myself running as TT).  I've read some of her synergy with Tara in SpirallingCadaver 's excellent BLOG on Tara but any advice would be greatly received as I'd love to know how to get the best out of her.

• Like 1

The Librarian is a nice combo since you can use both her Ancient Words for a ranged attack as well as the heal to support.

With Viks, it's also pretty nice if you put Sisters in Fury on BloodVik so she can copy it and thus not only give all sisters +2 Ml dmg but herself as well (making it a very neat 4/6 :blast /8 :blast :blast  )

Vanessa also gives a very good spell to cast for ranged attack

• Like 3

Thanks for the shout out :)

Yeah, hannah is great at:

-duplicating spells

-getting longer range on spells (since she's only using her 0 on it)

-exploding stuff in melee (when able to focus for the positive)

She's also pretty tough for an academic.

I find her upgrade unnecessary and don't often take it unless hyper-focusing on burying. Otherwise, 2SS is just pretty pricey for a ranged option.

Basically, the only thing she needs is 1-2 good ranged spells to be able to copy, and the various upgrades that allow you to get fast or focus are worth it for that blast damage if you can pull it off.

And yeah, I've actually just been eyeing her for how well she duplicates the Viks' spells, since she effectively works like one without slowing down.

I've been using her for the last month or so and took her to a tourney last month where she did well clogging up crews with her 3" melee range.  She's quite tough but I think that comes from the fact she's almost impossible to cast a spell at with her ability to remove suits from attacks and her amazingly high WP.

I mostly use her "Make a new entry" ability with the Librarians heal or the strong arm suits "charge up" although I've used Von Schill's "Shirt comes off" a few times as well when things got really bad.  In Melee I tend to focus before attacking with her to get those blasts and high damage because I always seem to miss or do light damage if I don't.

I reckon Hannah will come into her own when I get my head around what all the other enemy crews do and start using some of their 0 actions against them.

I've only fielded Hannah once and as I remember, zFiend didn't like it. :) With librarian you have silly amount of healing and I used Ancient Tomes upgrade to bury things and walk over the marker. When models can't be unburied base-to-base with the said marker. they go to their deployment zone. Agains slow models that's a real game killer.

• Like 1

Hadn't considered using her with the Viks, that is pretty brutal, especially if Vanessa is around for some more copying action (how easy is it to make Hannah a sister for a turn too as there could be some awesome healing action going on though might be overkill with the Viks low wound count).  Copying enemies Ca I think is going to nasty but there's no way of considering that until she's actually on the table.

SpiralingCadaver  - do you always take the upgrade with Tara or do you find she has enough burying already?  And no problems on the shout out, it's a great BLOG for a Master that is very difficult to get your head around,.

Sadly, you can't make Hannah a Sister with Howling Wolf Tattoo as it only works on a Minion. :(

I've tried the Sisters in Fury w/ Hannah and it's potentially powerful but not that easy I found.

Sisters in Fury needs to go on Blood as it can only attach to her or Ashes and Hannah can't copy actions on Friendly non-Freikorps leaders. If you're aggressive with the Vik of Blood slingshot early, Hannah may not be able to Make A New Entry later on.

Also depending on the situation there are times you need to activate Vik of Blood first or try to heal. Getting a chain activation (usually from Vik of Ashes) after the buffs are cast is ideal. I'm thinking maybe the Hodgepodge Emmissary and Memento Trinket from Wave 3 on Blood, but it's getting a little heavy with two 10ss models.

I plan on revisiting this in the future but it will take a different approach from me. The idea of a Vik of Blood with +2 Ml damage and  :+fate Damage flips from Lonely Path is pretty enticing. The other approach would be Dragon's Bite/Flight of Dragons with everyone getting +2 damage.

I've only fielded Hannah once and as I remember, zFiend didn't like it. :) With librarian you have silly amount of healing and I used Ancient Tomes upgrade to bury things and walk over the marker. When models can't be unburied base-to-base with the said marker. they go to their deployment zone. Agains slow models that's a real game killer.

Wow, that's a nasty trick. I'll need to remember that one.

Jonah, unless I'm going full-bury and want one more vector, no, I don't find I really need it (and often take her with Ressers, too, where she doesn't have access to it).

It's very expensive to pull off, since it requires 2SS to buy, a high card of the right suit (though fortunately not an important one for Tara)/a bought one. If it didn't have the suit requirement, I'd take it all the time since it's worth spamming reasonably high cards until you can bury, but with the suit it becomes very resource-intensive and I'll usually only use a queen+ to cast it against something which can't defend unless I think I've drained my opponent's hand.

Hannah likes to be in melee, at which point duplicating a DM is more efficient (a 0 so not eating up other movement or attacks, has almost as high a CA but a much more forgiving (and suitless) TN), and then you've also got a DM for both another bury vector and a pretty good model on its own, so that's usually what I buy for her bury.

Last week I was in a rough spot against Pandora with two web markers from weaver widow in the middle of my crew. Hannah activated, did Make New Entry on Weaver widow to steal seize prey, and cast it on my opponent's waldgeist, which removed the two markers and gave the waldgeist poison +5 and paralyze while severely restricting the damage Pandora was about to cause with triple inflict in the neighbourhood.

Then Hannah focused and smacked the weaver widow for 6 damage and the doppleganger behind her for 4 damage, which was just enough to kill them both (opponent decided to save his last stone for Pandora). 

Needless to say, I was happy with Hannah that game even looking only at a single activation.

-------------------

It's worth noting that Hannah gains very good (0) actions to steal from Lazarus and from the Freikorps Strongarm.

Yeah, Hannah can absolutely decimate stuff when she works, and on the other end, rarely does poorly. I'd say at least 1/4 of the games I play her in, she's MVP.

I think my best turns with her have been her taking out other heavy henchmen in a single activation, and one glorious time when she took out 3 abominations in one attack. 

Last week I was in a rough spot against Pandora with two web markers from weaver widow in the middle of my crew. Hannah activated, did Make New Entry on Weaver widow to steal seize prey, and cast it on my opponent's waldgeist, which removed the two markers and gave the waldgeist poison +5 and paralyze while severely restricting the damage Pandora was about to cause with triple inflict in the neighbourhood.

This sounded like a situation I found myself in the other day though I was playing with my Ressers so Hannah wasn't an option.  But that is sneaky and I like it!

She doesn't get her upgrade, but Ressers have some really nice spells to offer (probably better options than outcasts unless going FK IMHO), and that extra card in your hand is really nice for those suit-reliant summons (I use her with Karina because of that, but it certainly doesn't hurt regular summoners to not need soulstones).

• Like 1