Base sizes for Marcus beasts

I got a Marcus crew box for christmas and just recently noticed in the FAQ/Errata that Cojo is supposed to be on a 50mm base. Now, the box I got came with two 40mm bases and a 50mm base, so which base is supposed to go with which beast? Isn't the Cerberus also supposed to go on a 50mm base? If two of the beasts are supposed to go on 50mm bases does this mean I have to buy a single extra 50mm base to make the crew usable?

• Like 5

Unfortunately yes Cojo will need a 50mm base to be considered "legal". However most opponents will probably not take up too much issue in friendly games until you come across a proper base. It's probably in their best interest anyway, as Cojo is the master of movement effects and placing him on 50mm base actually increases his abilities :)

• Like 5

Buy a pack of 50mm bases. They are hardly going to break the bank. 

Yes......and they come in handy for other things. If you're running Marcus, you will probably get Waldgeists at some point (you will! They're great.) and their 'Germinate' action needs two 50mm markers. I have two that I just based-up a little and they're perfect.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

where does it say Cojo is on a 50mm? on his card and in the rules it says 40mm and no mention of it in the FAQ unless theres a new FAQ?

hmm ok found it further down in seperate section, really should keep all arcanists together. annoying change when both the card and book say 40mm, now I have to get more 50mm bases too

• Like 4

I think the issue ends up being spending $3 on shipping for a $0.25 item (prices not actually researched, but it's an example).  If you can score other items in the same order, then they are peanuts, but buying bases alone (unless bought in bulk) is extremely inefficient.

• Like 1