Rank the Gremlin Totems

Hateful Darkblack

Apprentice Wesley

Takes Brewmaster from -3 Wp aura to a -4 Wp aura, which just makes him all the better. And, can copy that Obey. AND And, is an extra life. Apprentice Wesley is great!

Old Cranky

Sheesh, talk about a kit. Card cycling, Wp and Df bonuses, Soulstone regain, and a ranged attack! Plus, weirdly, he can take Interacts even though he's a Peon! 

Old Cranky is really a strong model.

Penelope

Ties into the whole Odyssey reference thing, which is nice. Penelope is surprisingly good at biting, but if you use her for that much, you're probably not using her right. She's amazing for speeding up pigs and moving them around, and keeping them from going berserk. She also has From The Shadows, but from what I've seen that mostly just gets her killed.

All the same, Penelope adds fantastic mobility to Pigs.

Voodoo Doll

Zoraida's primary combat mechanic. It kills stuff. You can also use it for buffs. It costs 2 AP, which is a lot, but it's got great offfensive potential. It doesn't get summoned every game, but it gets summoned many games.

Skeeters

They seem like they're good support for Som'er, but I haven't played them.

Little Lass

I actually don't know. I heard she's great for carrying Lead-Lined Apron and then dying and passing it to Mah Tucket? I've never used her.

Young LaCroix

Giving free Upgrades to Ophelia is nice. The guns are nice. But the Young Lacroix and kinda optional -- you can play her just fine without them.

They also have a low Wp, which means any opponent with Obey can take them over and use them to blow stuff up. It seems like she's as good without them as with.

• Like 1

I don't like Wesley at all. The aura is situationally useful. Copying Obey is nice, but Ca4 is sadness. And even if you bring back Brewmaster, he has no upgrades which is where his best stuff is at. 

Old Cranky is just amazing. Tons of utility for no AP, free cards, and a decent gun if you need it. But the utility is just great. Love this guy.

Penelope is another winner. For 2 points, she brings so dang much to the crew. Being able to push pigs is great and keeping them calm without dedicating any of the other models (which are slower and more expensive) is nifty. Nice, cheap package.

Voodoo Doll is hit or miss. Summoning it is the way to go but he gets really AP heavy to get all the cool effects to go off. Sometimes good on key models but not always. He's middle of the road for me.

Skeeters are real nice. Cheap, really tie down models well, and buff the crew with all the neat (0) actions available. No triggers, +2 Wp, no shooting them, and adding suits. All good things for low cost, plus if you're real lucky (like I've been) they can make even more!

I really like Little Lass. The upgrade she can carry for Mah is real nice, plus she can whack folks with her spoon as well, which is decent considering she's a 4ss model.

Young LaCroix are okay. Not necessary, but if you have the points, they can be nifty with Ophelia. Giving her more guns for free or extra shots from them big guns is nice. I run between 0-2 depending on what I think Ophelia is gonna need (ie Old Cranky).

I would have to agree about the Young Lacroix. They were excellent before Ophelia's guns got way cut back, now I usually take them either because I like the metal models or if I am trying to out activate my opponent. 

I do want to try Old Cranky out, he looks really nice on paper. I went so far as to pick up a Taxidermist to use as the basis for a conversion, I just have to find a little time to convert and paint him up. 

I mentioned it in the Outcast Totems thread, but don't overlook the Student of Conflict in a Gremlin crew- her ability to give Fast stacks with Reckless, which opens the door to all kinds of shenanigans. Who doesn't love the idea of a Gremlin Kin model with 4AP?

Of the models, the Skeeters are some of my favorites. They're irritating as crap, they give me extra uses of S'omers 0s if I need em. Arguably top totem for me.

Lovely Assistant provides a SOLID utility for a Wong, and I totally killed a model with a Red Joker Assistant once, so she gets middle of the pack for me.

Old Cranky is a useful utility totem, but honestly he's a little boring. Bottom because he's not my playstyle.

I would have to agree that the Skeeters are some absolutely wonderful totems. Being able to project Som'er's 0 actions is awesome and is really a huge key to his success, especially in the Summon Factory set up. The only thing that could make them better is a return of their old "JTAC" ability from 1st Edition. Perhaps we'll see a future upgrade that provides a Sooey! type action to Som'er that can be Extensioned to the Skeeters.

I would rank the Student of Conflict above the Young LaCroix everyday of the week. Hell, Old Cranky is more useful for her (Ophelia) than the Young LaCroix in my humble opinion. Skeeters are great for Somer, Wesley is useful for the Brewmaster Tarball (don't underestimate a naked Brewmaster), Penelope is useful for Ulix. Little Lass, I really love with Mah, throw the Lass out into combat and watch the Armor come back to Mah. Assistant is useful for Wong though Cranky can be good with him also.