How to handle armor?

surly

Wong! Wong gives out Magical to a model of your choice which in turn grants that model the ability to ignore Armor, Incorporeal, and Hard to Kill. If you also take the Oooh! Glowy! Upgrade, the Magical model also gets Regenerate +1, and +1 to all damage dealt, and the Magical condition cannot be removed by enemy actions.

Slap Magical on Burt, or Gracie, or Mancha (Burt being a personal favorite of mine - killed Joss in one beautiful, Red Joker damage flip with a cheated 13 of Rams, and a bonus Ram from Lenny), and go to town!

Lightning Bugs also ignore Armor, if I'm not mistaken, and despite their Wong affinity, fit into just about any crew.

• Like 2

Thebarbalag got it. other options for killing are death by a thousand cuts, you can field loads of models with min damage 1, armour can't reduce that or McTavish's crow trigger to kill outright if you do severe or Mancha's Finisher.

The other thing is, does it need to die? Trixie can push them their charge away and make them slow, Sammy can Jinx them to freeze them in place

• Like 2

A lot of high armor targets, like Lazarus, or the Rail/Ice Golem, or Guild Constructs that have lower Df stats, absolutely, blast away with a ton of Bayou Gremlin shots, Sh 4 works really well against Df 3. Against Terrifying, or high Df (or both...Hank with Imbued Protection is a favorite of an Arcanist player in my meta), you're going to want something like Magical Burt. Also, don't forget, Ophelia's three shots with Thinkin' Luck will put a serious hurt on an armored model. Even with minimum damage, Armor +2 still takes 6 damage, which is most of Joss's wounds. If you hit moderate, or severe...that's a dead armored thing.

• Like 2

Today I had a game with my Ophelia against VonSchill. I use Rami buffed with Lenny to kill a trapper in turn 1. Rami also kill a freikorpsman and hurt another. I kill Lazarus (Which was one of my upgrades) with a Companion between Ophelia and François. Ophelia was been boolstered by Lenny.

• Like 2