Crossroads PDF, Facebook

Parintachin

Hey Wyrd

Any idea when Crossroads will be available at Wargames Vault?

Also, a suggestion:I think you really should take a poke at some of the stuff people post on your wall in facebook; people are asking and not getting answers, and it's kinda frustrating to get no response days after asking a simple question. 

No.

I replied to a couple of things on Facebook that I saw needed replies. I'm sorry you're frustrated with it, but it is not a particularly active arm of our communication. We reply to many questions answered on the forum, have a Contact Us on the website, and are decent about replying on Twitter. I'll do what I can to keep up with Facebook, but I'd encourage you (and anyone else) to reach out via the forum or website.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I still don't understand why it takes so long to get the pdf versions of Malifaux books out. Surely they should be released the same time as the physical versions. I mean the profits from pdf sales must be several magnitudes of order larger than from the sale of physical books, so not releasing the pdf as early as possible seems like shooting yourself in the foot. Oh well, if that's the way Wyrd wants to do it I say good luck to them.

I still don't understand why it takes so long to get the pdf versions of Malifaux books out. Surely they should be released the same time as the physical versions. I mean the profits from pdf sales must be several magnitudes of order larger than from the sale of physical books, so not releasing the pdf as early as possible seems like shooting yourself in the foot. Oh well, if that's the way Wyrd wants to do it I say good luck to them.

This is only the second time they have done a PDF release so anythign I say is all my conjecture. And the first was everything up to the current point.

Wyrd does have a history of trying to encourage local gaming stores (they don't sell their product in their web store until it should have been in LFGS for at least 2 weeks).

I would expect them to continue this approach regarding books. If the PDF was released at the same time as the actual book, stores may be less likely to stock the book as they will have lower sales, and if the stores  don't stock the rules, you will get less impulse purchases.

II wouldn't expect it to change without a company re-think in policy 

• Like 1

I would say the reasons are twofold.

Number one has already been adequately described by Adran.

Number two is that it's a lot harder to pirate physical copies than it is pdf copies.  I don't know how big a concern piracy is for Wyrd but I'm sure that it must be somewhat.

• Like 1