Designed for Malifaux - Complete Marker Set

Grantt

So I'm starting a big leap into the world of laser cut gaming supplies and I've just released my first product to the world; 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Malifaux-Tokens-Counters-Markers-/331387787695?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item4d284059af

I hope you like them! I hope to post up more varieties very soon!

And the Victorian terrain comes early 2015!

Grantt

Try this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Malifaux-Tokens-Counters-Markers-/331387787695?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item4d284059af

Lemme know if it works. 

The batch in the pictures leans to the right of each marker; this has already been fixed for the customer products. I'm just blasting a new batch for better pictures!

Well, that's the core marker set. It contains the basics. I'm currently photographing the other sets; 

Objectives - contains all the markers of all the strategies in the rulebook. 

Faction Specfic - contains faction specific scheme markers, any other markers (such as the Hat for Seamus/Resurrectionists) and faction specific condition tokens

Wyrd Terrain - Contains markers for all the terrain featured in the unconventional terrain section of the rulebook. 

I'm currently designing 3D markers for blasts, Pyres, etc. Everything is designed and manufactured by us at Art of War Studios. 

My aim is to have a marker for everything currently listed in the official rules. 

• Like 1

Right Click on the Picture, Copy URL then come back here and Click the Image button below the Emoji button, paste URL... done!

OR

Upload them to a photo hosting site such as Photobucket and use their site to create links / URL and repeat the process above or just give us the link. Some of the lazier members of the forum will prefer the pic as clicking a link is often to strenuous for them  :D

Sorely tempted but a few things hold me back:

What is the size of the smallest counters? 

Could there be a better symbol for paralyse and reactivate - even a  P and R would link the token to the ability in a simpler way. Similarly with Fast and Slow. If the letter F wasn't enough you could always do + 1 AP so it states things exactly as intended.

Soulstone symbol could be clearer, but I'm sure everyone has there own view on what a soulstone could look like and what would represent it.

As I say, I'm still very interested, it would make my life a lot easier in Torunaments

Thanks, Masterdisaster - I'll post images... right now!

Thanks Kogan; I wanted to avoid using letters for translation purposes, as I'm having a nightmare translating the a load of Infinity tokens into Spanish. However, F, S, P and R do make sense. 

The smallest tokens are 15mm in diameter; big enough to see and use but not so big that you lose too much space. 

The soulstones were actually an after-thought as there was still space for more tokens. 

I shall keep them as-is for now, but might change them depending on feedback. If you want, I can run off a batch just for you with the changes?

New pictures are up!imagejpg1_zpsc0c18855.jpg

imagejpg10_zpsedfc259f.jpg

International shipping is listed on the page; it's £4.75 to the states.

I can use acrylic, but it doesn't contrast as effectively as the MDF. I'm currently experimenting with heat-gels so that the engraved sections are effectively painted as they're engraved, but that's gonna take some time before it's ready for commercial sale.

Acrylic would be more expensive, too.

Reactivate was the only one I didn't catch immediately.

Also curious if 10 SS is really needed or if the set would be improved dropping that to 8 and adding another token to burning/poison/paralyze or something like that.

One last thought; are you able to do double sided tokens?  That would give you some pretty incredible options, like putting the scheme markers on the back of scraps and corpses or having things like Poison +3 on the back of those counters to reduce clutter.

Excellent set overall though.  I've been looking for something like this since I started playing.

10 isn't needed... I'll change it on the next run. 

Double-sided tokens are tricky. The nature of the laser-cutter makes it hard to do effectively; one side usually ends up getting a little burned. 

Thanks for the feedback! I'm hoping to add the other sets this weekend/early next week. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just finalising the designs for the faction specific sets as we had a hiccup in production, so they should get listed within the next couple of weeks. 

Your tokens should be in the post; any issues, let me know. I'm all about the customer satisfaction! 

As a side note, all tokens now come with free UK postage and cheap worldwide - yes worldwide - postage! 

So all those Australian players can stop PMing me now!  ;)

Just got my basic set, pretty good I must say, pleased we have someone in the UK producing them at a reasonable price as well, really looking forward to getting faction specific ones, i have yet to get the other two sets but will probably get them next week. I like wood tokens rather than acylic.

Would have liked to have been able to add "+1" or "+2" etc on the condition tokens, might be difficult and not sure if it would wipe off or not?

• Like 1

I was considering having some x3 tokens that were a little larger, but it would have bumped the cost up by too much. 

I might release a conditions pack or sell much smaller packs, like a Burning pack with 20 tokens or similar. 

At the moment, however, I'm working on terrain...