hamlin?

Yngair

Hi folks, We have starting playing malifaux again at Golem painting studio after a brief break, One of the guys plays outcasts and hes got a few crews for them, but in particular I have been finding Hamlin impossible to play against.

So I was wondering which masters would be good all rounders against outcasts but also be ideal for taking on hamlin. I know i should be choosing more based on schemes and stratergies, but I find if i dont put something in place to deal with hamlin, im open to just be stomped on.

I gravitate towards lady J, as with her removing conditions and and ability to rush his crew before he gets summoning his rats.

I have got pretty much all of the wave 1 guild painted and also a full lucius crew. Any suggestions.

One of the big things is that when he gets his rats summoned he can out activate me hands down then just mop up at the end of the turn. Nix always seems to be a pain, and with how easily he can summon a rat king, running schemes becomes ten times harder as they nibble them all. then anything after turn 4, everything dies to bleeding disease.

I think its the combination of field control with so many models makes running shcemes so difficult. Also apart from Hamlin himself whos is hard as nails, taking out any of his models doesn't actually affect his game play, everything is so redundant, I cant find a way to really hurt the crew.

Sonnia is Nix's worst nightmare, really. Blast a rat (or a Stalker) next to Nix and get those blasts going. It's also nice for removing Stolen since they need to be close to Hamelin.

Doesn't help if nix has Hollow (which he absolutely should have if your opponent has declared Guild). If he activates first, Sonnia is losing a lot of damage potential.

Sonnia's first priority should be to kill Nix anyway, which she can do pretty easily (but you want to be pretty sure you get him in one go, otherwise he'll heal back up). You can wait to kill other stuff - Hamelin's crew doesn't project threat particularly well. After Nix, you're free to rain down hellfire on anyone you like - Hamelin himself is a pretty decent target. He's not as tough as you might think, and as you've noticed, there are no other particularly juicy targets in his theme crew.

Hamelin is one of my favourite Masters in this Edition, and I can tell you all they've told you is true. Everything about the Witch Hunters Crew is plain evil for Hamelin and his friends.

It's not only about Blasts. Witchlings remove Conditions with ease, and the Upgrade that hurts Ca Actions around all her models is nightmarish for the Rat Crew. You say Hamelin summon lot of Rats with ease... Have you seen how many new Witchlings can Sonnia summon off a Hamelin Crew? Nasty.

Yeah, a Hollow Nix can be a pain, but a Ca 9 Sonnia should be able to blow it out of the table by herself in one activation, SS Prevention and all. And then, the Blast and Pulse damage party begins!

Hamelin can easily turn to seem invincible, but the truth is that he has a lot of bad matchups, both vs several Crews, Schemes and Strategies. Really!

Thanks for all the advise I will certainly be trying out Sonnia. Its the only problem I have found with buying and painting half a faction at once, I still haven't played with perdita or lady justice.

Out of interest, are there any other units in faction that have synergy with sonnia. For most games I would just be taking other models based on schemes and strategies.

Sonnia doesn't really need that many models giving out burning. She really likes having models that help make her attacks better (Papa Loco, Brutal Effigy), models that help her stay alive (Sidir, Francisco, Guardian) and models that help her move aroung (Judge and others). (If you bring Witchling Hanlder, all of those models can hand out burning too.)

Papa and a Marshal are my go-to combo with Sonnia. I take them almost always (but I really like those two in general). Hold This! brings out those blasts much more reliably.

Not to mention also working with her Reflect Magic trigger for even more... makes using Confiscated Lore tempting on Wp or Df.