Justice Unleashed against terrifying creature

Alliterato

Question

Hi all,

If Lady J want to take a Justice Unleashed action ( upgrade) against a Hungering Darkness in range, does she needs to take a horror check? Or in this case the HD is not a specific target, so no horror check occur.

And in the same situation if the HD is behind a blocking terrain piece, does the pulse stop or go through the blocking wall. There is a valid LOS because the HD has Ht 3 and the wall is just Ht 2. But the pulse has the same height as Lady J, which is Ht 2. Just as the wall.

Thanks,

11 answers to this question

Terrifying (All) 11: Enemy models must pass a TN 11 Horror Duel if they end a Walk Action within this model’s engagement range or target this model with an Action.

Justice Unleashed doesn't target anything so no horror check.

While it sounds a bit weird, a Ht2 pulse is not stopped by Ht2 wall according to the rules. If the models can see each other they can be affected by pulses and auras that are centered on either of them (assuming they are on same elevation).

Playing Secret World parallely, so not really paying attention.  :D

I just knew there was some heavy-duty kindred spiriting going on in these forums. I've been telling all my friends and family, "You have to check out this game, Malifaux - it's like a steampunk Secret World with miniatures!"  :lol:

- N

I just knew there was some heavy-duty kindred spiriting going on in these forums. I've been telling all my friends and family, "You have to check out this game, Malifaux - it's like a steampunk Secret World with miniatures!"  :lol:

- N

Well, I am a big fan of Lovecraft and the World of Darkness, so there was no real way to get around Secret World. I'm fairly new, though, and still wrestle with the mechanics but I love it so far. 

as previously said since its not targeting anything justice does not take a terror check on the second question

Justice Unleashed doesn't target anything so no horror check.

While it sounds a bit weird, a Ht2 pulse is not stopped by Ht2 wall according to the rules. If the models can see each other they can be affected by pulses and auras that are centered on either of them (assuming they are on same elevation).

Weird. So I read something wrong but now that is clarified. If the wall is ht2 and a pulse is ht2. Why would it effect the ht 3 model behind the ht2 wall. Would it not just stop at the wall since it is not tall enough to go over it.

as previously said since its not targeting anything justice does not take a terror check on the second question

A Pulse is an instant effect that is centered on a model and radiates out in all directions from the edge of the model’s base. All elements within the Pulse’s area, excluding the

model it is centered on, are affected by it. A Pulse without a Ht listed is Ht 5.

justice unleased does not say it is ht 2. therefor it is ht 5 which can prolly see huggy just fine.

No.

P 51: "A pulse has the same Ht as the model it comes from unless specified otherwise."

A Pulse is an instant effect that is centered on a model and radiates out in all directions from the edge of the model’s base. All elements within the Pulse’s area, excluding the

model it is centered on, are affected by it. A Pulse without a Ht listed is Ht 5.

justice unleased does not say it is ht 2. therefor it is ht 5 which can prolly see huggy just fine.

Actually, No.

A pulse is the same Ht as the model that generates it unless specified otherwise..

Well, I am a big fan of Lovecraft and the World of Darkness, so there was no real way to get around Secret World. I'm fairly new, though, and still wrestle with the mechanics but I love it so far. 

I just got into it too.  My wife and I have done pretty much nothing but play Secret World for the last several weeks.