Outcasts on the Job

daniello_s

I use Sue as a staple in my JD crew as well (ty Vanilla-Dice Mark for that).

Two things I like to do with Jack:

1) Jack copies guilty's ability turn one and uses it to turn a friend (Sue) tormented. This means until Jack does the action again that model is perma-tormented during the game and frees up the guilty to use their ability on the enemy. Same can be done with the Mali Child, but just takes higher cards.

2) I full heal my Jack with my nurse using his 0AP to control her to heal/paralyze as his last action, so he heals but then his activation ends instead of paralyzes. Not sure if you didn't have the chance or didn't have a crow in hand to do it.

All in all keep at it. Jack takes a bit to get down, but is fun to play. Also, his 0AP to discard and drop scheme markers when people die around him (minions only I think...at work atm) works on nearby enemy deaths as well. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Game report: 50SS Jack Daw vs Lady J

http://outcastsonthejob.blogspot.ie/2015/09/game-report-030915-50ss-jack-daw-vs.html

As for asrian's idea about healing Jack - isn't this illegal action as Jack's 0 action specifically says that obeyed model cannot declare triggers with his 'free' action?

Jd cannot declare triggers with his obey actions. Thus, no healing from the Nurse.

Seriously what are you Outcasts actually good at? Playing a tie with Lady J? ;) 

We are pretty good at melting stuff with Leve. 

You said on T1 you "tormented Sue and [Alyce] thanks to The Guilty". You know that unless you're making Jack take the Share Guilt action, each model taking Share Guilt can only torment a model at a time? Like, Share Guilt says that the Tormented characteristic ends when The Guilty takes the Share Guilt action another time. I am sure that the 1' (3", times 4 turns) of movement (tops) from Writhing Torment affecting one of them wouldn't have been too much of a game-changer in a game like this, but it's important to know either way.

~Lil Kalki

The Guilty did torment Rusty and then Jack 'borrowed' his action to torment Sue. I'm aware that of the 'limit' for tormenting action :)

palpatine+good.jpg

So, what are you thinking of Daw so far? Do you think he is more/less finesse-y than Leveticus (or the Viks, or Tara)? Do you think he is better in more areas than Leve (et al)? Newcomers to Jack's Lot always make me happy and curious about their opinions. :)

I remember when I started out with Jack (though I mean post-Beta here, I played him during the Wave 2 Beta as well). He was surprisingly simple to pick up in a fully-thematic capacity (in 50% opacity - meaning I did not take him with other Outcast Tormented at the time, but I instead took The Hanged, Jaakuna, and Drowned for example). I enjoyed that kind of crew (and if I am being frank, I think it is somewhat better than his 100% opaque fully-thematic crew lists - Tormenting a model like Sue or Alyce with Guilty notwithstanding). I also think that the addition of the Crossroads 7 (which, by the way, did you get a hold of them at GenCon? They are soooooo good) made Jack even more amazing in either opacity, thematic or otherwise, even.

~Lil Kalki

Jack is the most finesse master within my Outcast pool (Jack, Levi, Viks, Tara, Von Schill). When Viks, Von Schill and even Levi rely on the blunt force, Jack requires a bit of thinking but then results are more than impressive. Tara need thinking as well but I think Jack beats her with this requirement.

I haven't got CR7 box yet and don't know if I'll get them - the whole idea of the band in Malifaux world is a bit... odd to me. Despite this fact I think whose guys fit beautifully into Jack's crew and he would benefit a lot from having them on the table.

BTW, next week I'll officially introduce Von Schill as my new master :)

You Outcasts can't even hold your hair. ;) 

Bow to the might of the Outcasts, my Rezzer friend!

Actually I am planning on starting an Outcast run after Nythera ends. :P So I will be spending more time here asking questions and reading your reports with a whole different view. 

• Like 2

BTW, next week I'll officially introduce Von Schill as my new master :)

You Outcasts can't even hold your hair. ;) 

Bow to the might of the Outcasts, my Rezzer friend!

Actually I am planning on starting an Outcast run after Nythera ends. :P So I will be spending more time here asking questions and reading your reports with a whole different view. 

Considering between Hamelin, Leveticus, Tara, and Jack Daw you basically can use 1/2 the Resser faction I'd say you've already got a head start on future crews as opposed to me when I started. I ended up spending nearly twice as much as I'd planned trying to purchase everything. :P

Edited by asrian

Yeah I have pretty much the entire Rezzer faction so Outcasts seems like a good go to with some seriously intriguing masters. I am pretty much very interested in playing all of the Outcast masters apart from Misaki, I had a TT Misaki run already and while she was a lot of fun I don't see myself playing her in Outcasts really when they have options like Tara, Daw, Leveticus, for example. I had a small run with Von Schill but found him very lackluster as a Master. He had absolutely zero shenanigans and if I want to play a master without shenanigans I can play Justice because her theme is tons of better than Schill's. 

Tara seems like a shenanigan extraordinaire so I think I'm going on a Tara kick. Daw seems a lot like the same. Leveticus seems super fun too. 

Tara seems like a shenanigan extraordinaire so I think I'm going on a Tara kick. Daw seems a lot like the same. Leveticus seems super fun too. 

Tara and Jack - yes, they are extremely fun to play.

Levi... well he is fun to play, for you at least, but I'm not sure what about our opponent :D 

I'm the opposite there Daniello...I hated playing Levi. I, and most of my opponents, felt he's borderline broken and basically a complete NPE. I even had one local player quit due to Levi in the game.