Outcasts on the Job

daniello_s

• 2 weeks later...

I've played a couple of games with Jack myself. I like him. He has a fair selection of units, and he's a very interactive master with his crew. I like that style more than Leveticus who is really just there to kill things. First game was a 10 all draw against Rasputina, Jack died in the second turn (damn you Rasputina hitting red joker damage) but his crew pulled through and got the points. Second game was a 9:7 loss against Hamelin. Tormented Desolation Engines move fast, although I overextended him and got him killed by Candy. Still I like Deso, and I think he'll see the table again. I should get Killjoy painted up too.

One of the resultant Abominations managed to kill a rat and turn it into another Abomination. I was overjoyed when I flipped that 12:crowto hit. Considering they were sitting by Hamelin at the time, that was a good way to slow him down a little.

There's nothing funnier than putting guillotine injustice on a minion when your opponent has no cards left in their hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daniello_s said:

You can't Squeal from Joss. And Johana needed just one swing to finish him off.

That's why I like to take the Mysterious Effigy with Lynch instead of that upgrade. You get (once per turn once the condition is applied) a free push, and if close enough (2" aura around Effigy) the cheat face down ability. Add to that a 4SS minion with Armor +1 and HtK for another activation in the crew, and it seems a better purchase to me.

• Like 2

A friend of mine did generate the encounter for our next game and Neutralise the Leader is in the pool.

Now the question is: to go crazy and take Levi or be sane and take Jack?

I'm tempted to try and experiment Levi in the 'hostile environment' again ;)

• Like 1

Take Survivalist on Leveticus and a Librarian. Have a few damage dealing tanks to keep the pressure off Levi, and use him as a sniper.

Of course if someone does knock him out so they get the three points anyway, go back to his channel and bury ways and make them pay for it.

Have you tried taking Riders with either upgrade (so not the full Rider list with Emissary)? I've got Levi and the Riders in the hobby stage right now. Iron + Mech Rider for summoning + Hooded for beatstick seems good, but not quite so sure about Bone with Pale/Dead. 

And if you would go double Rider, what might fill out the rest? A third beatstick like Strongarm or Aionus?

I have only Mech Rider at the moment but was thinking about using them with respective Pariah upgrades.

The way I see this issue is:

Pariah of Iron: Mech is almost always useful but I'm not convinced with Hooded one especially when competition in this area is so huge. Sure I would use it from time time for fun if I had it but normally I would rather stick to Mech + Howard/Joss/other beater.

Pariah of Bone: I can see both Riders (Pale and Dead) and use Pale as beatstick/scheme runner and Dead as beatstick. Rest of the crew would be filled depending on strategy/schemes.

2 hours ago, daniello_s said:

I have only Mech Rider at the moment but was thinking about using them with respective Pariah upgrades.

The way I see this issue is:

Pariah of Iron: Mech is almost always useful but I'm not convinced with Hooded one especially when competition in this area is so huge. Sure I would use it from time time for fun if I had it but normally I would rather stick to Mech + Howard/Joss/other beater.

Seems to me that the Hooded Rider could be worth a look in with it's ridiculous scheme marker removing abilities while being a beatstick on the side. It'd form an unpleasant one-two punch in the right pool where the Mech Rider does all your schemes for you and the Hooded denies the enemy's. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Seems to me that the Hooded Rider could be worth a look in with it's ridiculous scheme marker removing abilities while being a beatstick on the side. It'd form an unpleasant one-two punch in the right pool where the Mech Rider does all your schemes for you and the Hooded denies the enemy's. 

You know you are dragging me in 'buy all three remaining Horsemen' area now, don't you? ;)