On Dreaming Wings

Csonti

Question

What happens when a model starts within the On Dreaming Wings Aura, takes a Walk Action and leaves the 6" bubble during the movement?

a ) she immediately loses Flight when she goes beyond 6"

b ) she "keeps" Flight during the whole Action

From the wording of the Ability I would bet on a) but I'm not entirely sure whether or not this is meant to be played like that.

12 answers to this question

So wait, let me get this straight: If a model affected by the aura either goes 1 ht higher than the upgraded model, or leaves the aura, mid-action it loses flight? Because if that's the case this aura is not as worthy of taking as I had once thought. That honestly sounds pretty bad if you ask me. Someone should sell me on it again (beyond the Wk boost) before I lose a lot of faith in Dreamer.

~Lil Kalki

So wait, let me get this straight: If a model affected by the aura either goes 1 ht higher than the upgraded model, or leaves the aura, mid-action it loses flight? Because if that's the case this aura is not as worthy of taking as I had once thought. That honestly sounds pretty bad if you ask me. Someone should sell me on it again (beyond the Wk boost) before I lose a lot of faith in Dreamer.

~Lil Kalki

I can try... I use it on the Weaver Widow to boost the walk speed of Teddys and Stitched. It syncs well with her inherit walk boost to constructs and between her and a teddy's height helps get early game positioning off as well as gives the WW a little help getting in better position to place web markers. 

I've also seen some people put in on copellious so he can run schemes, Because walk 8 with flight is pretty good for that. 

I put it on teddy. So if he is near widow weaver he just became walk 7. Why any one would put it on the dreamer himself is beyond me. And yes auras are only as tall as the model originating from as are pulses. It rarely comes up but when it does I laugh.

For instance dreamer is on flat ground and a day dream is standing on a ht1 barrel. Dreamer can't heal that model Or pass off wounds. Since his Aura is too short.

That's why his beta avatar was good since for friendly things he counted as ht3.

Hmm. If it works the way people are describing, that feels like it might need to be fixed to last through the model's entire move action.

Otherwise, I could start flying, fly over enemy models while in the aura, leave the aura while doing so, and then... what happens? I'm now hovering over enemy models (and it was legal to move there), but I no longer have Flight (and it is no longer legal to be there).

Hmm. If it works the way people are describing, that feels like it might need to be fixed to last through the model's entire move action.

Otherwise, I could start flying, fly over enemy models while in the aura, leave the aura while doing so, and then... what happens? I'm now hovering over enemy models (and it was legal to move there), but I no longer have Flight (and it is no longer legal to be there).

Your entire planed move must be legal. So if you plot a route where you lose Flight at an inopportune moment that route is not legal.

• Like 1

Ahh the joys of pre-measuring. Cause of pre-measuring you can't hover over them saying ahh man I just didn't know. Cause you do know. Or rather should know where your model is ending up.