Schemes and mechanics that alter schemes.

Sevorin

I wanted to add to this:

How so?  My declared model is Izamu.  Reliquary specifically states name a friendly Ancestor model (Izamu) which was killed or scarified in this game...summon the name model (Izamu) into base contact with target corpse marker.  Is there a rule or FAQ that specifically addresses this not being the case as I don't see how it could not be the model that you named (edit - this seems like I'm being argumentative which I'm not, this is a genuine enquiry.  Hard to get tone on the internet!).

Interesting. Technically you are correct. I see this as another "loophole" similar to the Dreamer/Levi condition issue.

The only requirement for Bodyguard is if that model is in play at the end of the game. Which if Yan Lo brings the model back, it is. It is a unique model (unlike other models that summon non unique models).

This is indeed a FAQ worthy question.
  • Like 1

I wanted to add to this:

Interesting. Technically you are correct. I see this as another "loophole" similar to the Dreamer/Levi condition issue.

The only requirement for Bodyguard is if that model is in play at the end of the game. Which if Yan Lo brings the model back, it is. It is a unique model (unlike other models that summon non unique models).

This is indeed a FAQ worthy question.

No its not FAQ worthy.

It is not a "resummon".

It is a summon. It is not the model you hired and selected for bodyguard.

• Like 1

Yeah, thats how I originally looked at it. Then after I read the requirements of Bodyguard, and was thinking there was only 1 Izamu in the game, I was unsure.  I thought maybe it was an unintended loophole. 

Makes sense that it is treated as a new model (like any other model).

Just copy and pasting my response from the other thread discussing this:

Good discussion though I'd still love to see something official on it as it could be argued either way.  Although I play Ressers with Yan Lo I would accept it's a bit too much to be able to bring him back and get Bodyguard.  But there is definitely an interpretation of the rules that suggests it is the case.  I don't know anything about Bad Juju but does his bury mechanic mean he is really hard to deny Bodyguard points on?  The other case I was thinking of with my own crew is the Bete Noir and her bury/unbury mechanic but as she can only unbury on enemy kills it's nowhere near as effective.

(could a mod merge these two threads if appropriate?)

Where's it unique? Its Rare 1, so you can only have one in play at a time.

So say hello to your brand new model and goodnye to those VP for bodyguard

Shikome are Rare 2.  

If Kirai hires two Shikome, and they both die, then when she summons a new Shikome does it "count as" one of the two earlier Shikome?  If my opponent chose one for Murder Protégé, can Kirai "resummon" the dead Shikome to deny my opponent the points they gained for killed it the first time?

Of course not.  That would be really weird. 

If you and your opponent both hire Izamu, does he count as being the same model as the opponent's Izamu?  Of course not.  They're both Izamu, but they're different Izamus. 

The same principle applies if you summon a new Izamu.  It's Izamu, yes, but it's not the same Izamu as the one you hired (and chose for your Bodyguard). 

Not sure if you've quoted the wrong person Mindshread but pretty sure you've just argued the same thing as Mister Shine!  This is a good explanation though:

If you and your opponent both hire Izamu, does he count as being the same model as the opponent's Izamu?  Of course not.  They're both Izamu, but they're different Izamus. 

The same principle applies if you summon a new Izamu.  It's Izamu, yes, but it's not the same Izamu as the one you hired (and chose for your Bodyguard).