IT HAS ARRIVED!

Gimzig

I guess Wyrd decided you waited twice as long as you should have so you deserved twice as much stuff? :D

Also somehow I doubt that youre getting an extra box meant someone else got none at all. But who knows. Maybe send that email anyway.

Edit- seriously your instead of youre? What am I a child? Dont answer that...

i fired off an email to Justin to see who i should contact. Since my last name is a W last name, i think the invoice just got printed twice, as both have the EXACT same digits.
But I wanna make sure before I start handing them out as tourney prizes, that everyone got their stuff.

Well, that really is just disappointing.

You cannot buy the ttb deck (although it sounds pretty average in reviews compared to what we thought we were getting).

"That's right gaming room buddies, you get 2 wooooooooot!"

Only you don't.

I get it, the arcane deck is pretty, just who else gets to change orders without consulting the customer? And here I was getting all excited about this game and company again only to find that it is the same old blam.

They promised 2 of the decks to game room and living room pledgers so that is what they should get, not 1 + a deck that goes on normal sale.

Also, it was said that the decks would contain a card that would function as a cheat sheet for creation, i have no such card in my deck.

The deck does not seem to live up to what it was made out to be.

• Like 1

I received two TtB decks as a Living Room backer, to add my stat. 

Also, it was said that the decks would contain a card that would function as a cheat sheet for creation, i have no such card in my deck.

As for that card, I did not receive such a card in either of my decks, but I can still use the book, that's no problem. I like that the art for the Malifaux symbols in the TtB decks nod at normal card deck symbols, which make it easier for newer players. Overall I'm pretty happy with the order, especially that they made sure to inform everyone that the hardcover almanac would arrive later. Almost had a panic attack about that of all things.

I wonder if it was a (facepalm worthy) math mistake where whoever ordered the TtB print run only asked for enough to cover the backer count, not how many should be reflected in the total by tiers with the extras accounted for?

"Roughly 1500 backers getting them?  Order 2000 and call it a day."

Then months later they notice the deck piles plummeting as they fill the boxes...

*sigh*  It'd be nice for the Female MPM and deck issue to be resolved, but at this point I kinda just want my hardcover and to be done with it all.

What is the issue with the female MPM?

What can we expect next, that the Kickstarter exclusive RPG book is not the exclusive, this is starting to look bad.

This would be the biggest mistake they could possibly make and I doubt it would be done. With that said I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hardback edition eventually released that featured different cover art and slightly less quality.

My real fear is that TtB will follow Wyrd's other side projects and drift into a "holding pattern". The ad for a new RPG developer isn't very inspiring either.

According to some people (who have included pictures), the female sprue is a couple mm too tall when assembled.  Like, headless female MPM figures that are taller than some full male figures in Malifaux, even noticeably so.

I haven't even opened mine yet, but it's been reported by a couple of people, even to the point that some have stared exchanging tips about what parts can most easily be clipped out/trimmed/shaved down to bring them into line with the others.

Some have postulated that maybe we got some of the 'old figures by mistake, the ones that weren't in scale and had to be fixed, others have speculated that perhaps the factory just didn't do the job well enough again.  Either way, given that this has been an issue in the past (the first plastic Viks box, as I recall?) AND came up with these sprues before (according to Wyrd), you'd think they'd have gone after these with a caliper, even under a time constraint as they may have been.

Whether or not it actually bothers a given backer is up to personal taste, but it seems pretty noticeable in the pics I've seen.

Maybe it won't really settle in until we begin assembling them, but the fate deck thing is what bothers me most.  I admit it's probably a minor issue in comparison to many, but that's what makes it so strange.  It IS a minor issue.  How hard was it really to just print off X decks (plus 10% to cover extenuating circumstances, or however many it took to get the best ROI/cost ratio) and call it a day?  I'm sure the Arcane decks are very nice, but we weren't told we would get a TtB exclusive deck and another non-exclusive deck, we were told we'd get two LE ones.

Again, it's not like I'm seeing red with burning rage, it's more an exasperated sigh, as though a silly minor snag like this is the perfect nigh-endcap to the last year and a half.  Unless the Hardcovers are printed with every other page in a dead language or something.

Thanks Forar, just stumbled upon that thread. Looking forward to seeing it for myself when I complete this military exercise on Saturday. I am not optimistic based upon the pictures I have seen and the recent history of Wyrd's foray into plastic (and this is to say nothing of the mishandling of Kickstarter post campaign). Proper Scale is an important thing to me since I do plan on using Malifaux crews to supplement.