Wyrmgear the Clockwork Dragon

odinsgrandson

Groovy. I do like your metallics. Are the runes free-hand or part of the model?

I sure would love to see some actual Malifaux stuff from you. (That's not a shot or anything.....I know you do a lot of commissions and don't always get to decide what you're painting.)

Groovy. I do like your metallics. Are the runes free-hand or part of the model?

I sure would love to see some actual Malifaux stuff from you. (That's not a shot or anything.....I know you do a lot of commissions and don't always get to decide what you're painting.)

Also, I can't post up the Malifaux that I do for Gencon until after the competition is over...

• Like 1

The runes are great, and I love the shading effect on the wings... well done!

Thanks.

What gives them that extra zaz is the change is color temperature- the highlights are a very pale blue which goes to a warm bone color and shades down with a warm mustardy color.  I found that going back and forth with temperature makes areas feel more interesting.

EXCELLENT use of color theory and temperature!! I never would have thought of that!

I got some of that from Zach Lanier.  He told me that if you increase contrast- even in something subtle like temperature differences- it can make areas look more interesting.

He always does this on the faces of his minis (highlight in cold then warm colors).  I've done it quite a few times now, and it works super well.