Ikvars painting adventure (feedback welcome)

Ikvar

Hey Ikvar

Been a while since I've been on, but I'd say this about CMON: They are a rather insular-seeming community that has certain... mores and trends. They LOVE non-metallic metal to the point of obsession. I echo DGRAZ's sentiments regarding reporting. It's one thing for spiteful 1-voting (it happens) - insults and profanity is another.

Personally, I'd leave a vote-less comment first: "Would love to rate this but it's been photoshopped too much". I figure that way it's not contentious per se, and you're still trying to get across the message.

Also, as regards thick and thin skins among modelers, if only there was a person on the Wyrd forums who'd made a post regarding that! :D

I'd say don't sweat the random 1. Any strong work will bear out over time with more and higher votes, and an errant 1 will fade off. Looking at the comments, a lot of people are saying similar things. Keep in mind the (theoretical) CMON guidelines: 5 is table-worthy, so I'd have given it a 5. It's entirely covered with paint, has a minimum 3 colours, meaning without seeing it un-photoshopped, it's at best table-worthy!

I've been looking for a Nekima proxy and the Freebooter one looks awesome. 65mm may be a touch on the large side, but it does make her as large as the mature nephilim (if he was standing up straight) and they are supposed to be the same Ht. What really boggles my mind though is that even though the Freebooter mini is twice the size as the official Wyrd one, they are both about the same price. Says something about Wyrd's pricing, doesn't it.

Thanks for the nice comments as always :)

Might try to paint the stone the same colour as the rest, but still not sure :/

@Clawz: What you suggest might have been a better option, though I dont think it would have send the same kind of message, but at least I might have avoided all the drama ^^

IMO the size of the freebooter miniature fits perfect for Malifaux, I might even have wanted it a bit bigger.

Oh and I have just been featured on CMON, as a "Blast from the past" ^^

10830678_1065967933433896_53607289993785