Painting diary. Picture and rambling heavy.

theshepherd

• 1 month later...

Noticed I've been a bit behind in my painting lately and also in updated this with what I've done.

First there are three Gaki to get thrown about by Molly and Kirai. Really like the sculpts but not looking forward to fitting them into my case.

Gaki.thumb.jpg.47ed21582e3c25e8928c347f2

And a slightly out of focus picture of Mr Graves as a break from the undead horde.

Graves.thumb.jpg.3f5adb9fb8b9d1a635f54b9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Kicked of the new years painting queue

First up was the time lord. I have to say I really struggled with this model and I'm not sure why despite how cool the model is nothing really jumped out at me with it.

anoius_zpscg1m1bwd.jpg

Next up I did my shikome. Really enjoyed these tried to paint a lot cleaner and clearer than I usually do

shikome%202_zpsqdxa0z5j.jpg

And lastly Datsue Ba. Tried to use a lot of different styles with her the OSL looks a bit better in the picture than it actually is as I was a bit clumsy with it but learned a lot from the process so should be able to do better next time

datsue%20ba_zpsyhkl05ot.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I really like what you did with sloth. Not only does he look great, but you actually managed to make the worst part of his sculpt (those ridiculously oversized frets) look like a feature rather than a flaw. I can imagine a sculptor making them bigger to stand out on a statue and they're so exaggerated on the model it nearly seems like that was what they were going for. ?

• Like 1