Henchman Hardcore Choices

thebarbalag

Hey guys, wanted to pick your brains about lists for Henchman Hardcore (20 ss, 4 models, including Henchman, no additional stones, same list for each round, Turf War/Assassinate). I have...every extant 10T model available to me, but these are my thoughts:

Ototo w/Call the Thunder and Recalled Training (2ss)

3x Torakage (18ss)

or

Fuhatsu w/Hidden Agenda

2x Oiran (10ss)

Dawn Serpent (10ss)

I like the Fuhatsu list better than the Ototo list.  The reason being that with the Fuhatsu list, you can conceivably lure your opponent away from the center point.  Then you can take them out with the serpent or shoot them with Fuhatsu. 

Yeah, I like the control that the Fuhatsu list offers, and the Oiran are actually decently survivable, especially in such a low-model game, as you can hit a few things with "No Hitting Showgirls!" and severely limit the options of your opponent, plus the big man's push, which can result in some serious damage output, too.

Cheating again I see. :P

NO SUMMONING!

I've played games of HC where you can summon, it's not an exclusive rule although it is generally accepted as the norm. However, as it wasn't stated as a restriction above I just put that in there. My point however still stands. Toshiro is great for 10T in HC games. His buffs alone are worth it not to mention having access to punk zombies is never a bad thing. 

• Like 1

I only have Kang and a handful of 10T models, so I'm somewhat limited.  I plan on running him with a Thunder Archer and two Thunder Brothers (or a Thunder Brother and a Rail Worker).

I still feel like I have a better chance at Hardcore with Kang than with Joss, Cassandra, or Taelor (my other Henchmen).

I only have Kang and a handful of 10T models, so I'm somewhat limited.  I plan on running him with a Thunder Archer and two Thunder Brothers (or a Thunder Brother and a Rail Worker).

I still feel like I have a better chance at Hardcore with Kang than with Joss, Cassandra, or Taelor (my other Henchmen).

The best combo I've ever used is

Taelor, Johan, Ronin, Freikorps Librarian w. Oathkeeper

Everything bar the Lib has HtK. 2 Relic Hammers, multiple sources of Ignore Armour, Healing for the HtK. 2 Flurries (and a Furious Cast), a metric tonne of wounds and some Ca damage for pesky Incorporeal. I used this at a local HC tourny and utterly destroyed everything in my way. 

• Like 1