Utilizing the Lone Swordsman

I love the concept, and the artwork for the Lone Swordsman, his cost is at a good level. He has access to recalled trading in which is awesome as well. However, when using him in game, I kept trying to set up the "you will not see another sunrise" for the entire game. Every turn I was focusing on how to set it up, and eventually pulled it off to kill Howard Langston. My concern however is how much attention I placed on that specific ability, and the discarding of cards is pretty tough to plan for.

What are other people's thoughts on the Lone Swordsman in general, and the "you will not see another sunrise" ability?

I agree with The Godliness.  Pick something that needs being dead (or at least close to it) & go nuts.  Alternatively, go for targets of opportunity.  Last game my snipers took Kang down to 2dg.  In went the Swordsmen, finished him in the first activation, then took out the Emberling in the second for Reckoning.

I normally run him with Shenlong

Have Shanlong activate second last give the swordsmen a push & Fast from mighty gust.

Swordsman activates & discards Recalled Training.  Should be in position to at least walk & charge his target (make sure you (0) Sunrise before you charge).

+ flips over 5 AP usually creates some very dead bodies!

Also think very hard about doing Sunrise if you down't have amazing cards or Recalled training... He should still do damage, but probably won't kill a fully wounded Master or Henchmen with stones in hand...

I'm having a hard time understanding Sunrise... I discard my cards, name an enemy model -- the enemy model gains Reactivate where I gain nothing, and then I have to kill that enemy model or my Swordsman dies.

Am I reading that right?

Why the hell would I EVER use that?

I'm having a hard time understanding Sunrise... I discard my cards, name an enemy model -- the enemy model gains Reactivate where I gain nothing, and then I have to kill that enemy model or my Swordsman dies.

Am I reading that right?

Why the hell would I EVER use that?

Hah! I thought the same thing at first....I think I may have posted about it too. The sentence structure totally reads that way.

Really do hope the Shenlong crew comes with Fermented River Monks instead of Monks of High River, Brewmaster would certainly appreciate it.

As for the Lone Swordsman, yeah, pretty much point and click, though being weary of not going into a death trap and Sensei Yu/Mr Graves and him are best of buddies. If you want to go with the Lone Swordsman, chances are you will also want to get some overactivation to get good odds of getting that charge in your terms, so some chaf in the form of Tengu, shadow Effigy or low river monks should give you some numbers.