Dealing with Ressers

docbungle

I think he's referring to Hard Worker which gives a 0 tactical action for ignoring hard to wound, hard to kill and armour. It does only work on Foundry though.

@Vonevilstein I think you are right! Dammit.

D.

Does sound like Mei Feng is the way to go just to have Kang giving these sorts of bonuses out as much as possible.

Do like the idea of last bollosm stuff throwing out clouds and playing the river in Eygpt.. :D

Archers can be useful for handing out Slow and damage at range, and they can also toss out templates to spread their damage across clustered groups of undead.  Tannen's Bore to Tears is also pretty good at slowing them down, and as noted above, Sensei Yu and Shenlong can tap into Push Shenanigans as well.  

What I have found (main masters I face are McM and Nico) is handing out slow is pointless with his blasted bubble of no slow :( and with blasts you have the issue of Decay healing them back up

IDK buddy. Maybe concentrating on strat/schemes and avoiding any open lanes for luring.

There's a Resser player in my local meta that has sworn off belles and Bete for 6 months and has since lost most of his games.

D.

Says a lot about how utterly insane Belles are with the controversial uber-Lure. Still that topic was bashed to death once or twice. Lets not go down that road. It's interesting to hear that though. Maybe he just used his Belles like a crutch and now he's struggling to get back into Ressers without them. 

What I have found (main masters I face are McM and Nico) is handing out slow is pointless with his blasted bubble of no slow :( and with blasts you have the issue of Decay healing them back up

Yup, it's far less effective against Nicodem, but at least he tends to cluster up a bit, which makes the blast ability of the archers a bit more useful in consolation. 

Says a lot about how utterly insane Belles are with the controversial uber-Lure. Still that topic was bashed to death once or twice. Lets not go down that road. It's interesting to hear that though. Maybe he just used his Belles like a crutch and now he's struggling to get back into Ressers without them. 

This sounds to me more like it, I mean, Lure on belle's is awesome, but I've used resser crews that don't use them and get results and have had games where Lure was pretty much useless because of terrain disposition. Chiaki is becoming a bit of a crutch though but that's because of how important condition removal is.

Also, yeah, against ressers Kang is a gigantic kick in the balls, always worth his stones in that scenario and more.

I think that if the target is a construct it becomes 2 unpreventable damage instead. There are plenty of other options though, Mei's Scalding Breath upgrade is excellent for it, as you can target the Golem for a double whammy of loading up the Golem and then dishing out burning to anything around it.

Or you can just take the general 10T totem and throw burning on the RG with him. Sure it costs 2 cards (or more), but during first turn, who cares?

I used this list recently against Arcanists in a 40ss game, but I think it would go even better against Rezzers (unless they're spirit based, obviously). 

Strategy was Reckoning

Schemes chosen were Power ritual & Protect Territory (distract & plant evidence were they others, but I didn't want to do much moving & wanted to kill them rather than distract them... !)

6 Warriors of the Dragon 38

1 Shenlong 4  

- Recalled Training 1  

- Wandering River Style 2

1 Peasant 2

1 Kang 9  

- Recalled Training 1

1 Lone Swordsmen 8  

- Recalled Training 1

2 Ansatsu Sha 14

Worked like a treat!.  Although I stuffed up my measurements royally, it was very much a massacre.  The Ansatsu Sha (AKA Katanaka snipers), held the centre with Kang, creating a massive kill-zone.  Shenlong was a massive Focus junkie, buffing whoever needed buffing with Mighty Gust & laid schemes.  Lone Swordsmen did just that, be a lone hunter.

Very evil... but should put those Undead back in the dirt!

Or you can just take the general 10T totem and throw burning on the RG with him. Sure it costs 2 cards (or more), but during first turn, who cares?

But the Emberling  is sooo good as a cheap objective grabber, and his synergy with Toshiro is plain amazing. Emberling and Shadow Effigy should cover all your scheme needs as long as you don't expect to do anything too insane with them.

As for Da Gits list, Shenlong with Katanaka snipers is plain evil incarnate and one of those very scary combos people will have to learn to beat in competitive Malifaux. Add Kang into the equation and it becomes ludicrous so I'm not surprised you made a mess out of his construct force. Also, I wouldn't worry much about pure spirits since even Kirai prefers undead spirits to get the Ikiryo out.