McMourning and Performers

Well, was rereading the files and just noticed the A Sip Wine trigger on the Siren Call action. Basically, is it as bloody insane as I think it is? I mean, no damage limit, Ca 6, 12" and autotrigger?? I've planted poison 13 with ease on a Flesh construct to prime an expunge bomb, adding a bit more and oneshotting something like say Lady Justice is very well within the reality of her scope, hell, any master with a wp of 6 or less can be guaranteed death unless it's packing Hard to Kill.

Has anybody tried this and felt it was stupid good? I mean, I already feel expunge is pretty much touching the limit.

It is pretty silly, and bypasses one of the difficulties with Expunge and Transfusion both being (0) actions in a McMourning list (we'd discussed it in a previous McMourning thread).  I've also found Zoraida and the Voodoo Doll with a Nurse (Living, Wp 4, so perfectly hireable by the hag) and a Performer can also abuse the heck out of it, and they don't even get a chance to do much unless they rush the Voodoo Doll. 

I tried it out a bit in the beta (only two games or so), and while it was still useful, it ended up being less over the top than expected.  The main problem was that Performers and Belles/Nurses sort of occupy the same support slot, with Performers being more expensive and squishier than Belles or Nurses, they ended up being useful and a neat alternate playstyle, but nothing I would bring with me to every game. 

• Like 1

Ah I hear ya cheers... I was looking at her actual damage track... Good point well made... It is like expunge on steroids! The only problem I see with her, pragmatically, in a mcmourning crew is that she breaks real easy, and she'd cost a lot taking the place of a maybe more durable model... I know now you've pointed that out to me, if I ever spotted her in a poison heavy crew is splat her fast and hard... Cheers for your insight

• Like 1

From my (limited) experience, Performers only really shine with Guild McMourning. I think for 1SS less in Ressers you get Nurses and/or Rotten Belles which are just better for the cost you pay.

Oh I thought (only theory) that they would work better with Rezzers because of Rotten Belles. You could Lure the target to them without exposing them.

I think they would work better in combination with Belles as the Performers lure is a push and not a walk.  When i tried it with Guild McM my opponent put his models next to a wall or house and i couldn't get the lure to work, actually i should call it by it's proper name Siren Call as the models would simply be pushed against the terrain and stop.

Performers only really shine with guild Mcmourning

QFT: I would say that while the performers are pretty good as an alternative to expunge in a guild mcmo list, using it in a ressur mcmorning list is detracting from one of the biggest boons expunge can have- it's summoning factor. If you take moonlighting (and why wouldn't you at 1ss), and kill a model with sip of poison, you're taking away from al; that poison setup that could/should have gone to a expunge/abra cadaver.

Not to say there isn't a time you'd want to have it in your back pocket as a ressur- something important needs to die, has a lot of poison, and doug black jokered his expunge? You're in luck- but in guild, the good doctor can spend all of his activations pushing poison around, and then let the performer take the coup de grace.

ENinja

Edit: Seduction is an amazing trick. Ranged scheme removal by itself is worth the cost of entry. Getting to make tests if folk are near it is icing.

• Like 1

OT: The real hurt will be performers with Brewmaster. Combine manipulative with drinking contest and they're super rough to target, poison grows without having to take ap, and if they've got poison on, their willpower is lowered which makes siren easier to pull off. Just goes to show- theater is always better when you're a little drunk.

ENinja